Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > MCSE or MCSA?

MCSE or MCSA?

Larry Samuels MS-MVP XP \(Shell/User\)

Nah, Sue just can't resist an easy target!

Associate Expert
Unofficial FAQ for Windows Server 2003 at
"KennyG" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> P.S. I thing Sue likes me, she resopnd to all my posts.

KennyG

what i lurned in netiquitte skoll

....lurk...lurk...troll...lurk...troll...lurk...lu rk...

Consultant

you should consider a career in competitive figure skating

"KennyG" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hey! I'm serious. This is my carrer were talking about here. I don't

want
> this discussion to downgrad to a AOL disk buring fest. I've lived in a
> Microsoft wolrd for the past fifteen years, I thing I should branch out a
> little. I'm trying to figure out how best to spend my exam dollar.
>
> P.S. I thing Sue likes me, she resopnd to all my posts.

KennyG

news:eBmbXn%(E-Mail Removed)...
> you should consider a career in competitive figure skating

You're right. Double-axel. Triple toe loop.

Actually, I think you guys (and gals) are great (and you *know* who you
are).

Me. I'm just a programmer. I don't know what kerpelism is and if I ever
used Chalk's Term I did'nt know it. I'm a big fish is a little pond where I
work. Problem is the little pond is drying up. So i did some self
assessment and realized that (aside from being burnt-out on programming and
possessing limited social skills) I have a lot of knowledge about computers
and networking but nothing to really show that I know what I know to others.
So I decide to get an MSCE (the premier certification) since I don't like
doing things half-way.

What I really want to do is start my own computer service company (actually
I already have). You know, be one of those computer guys that comes to your
office to fix your printer and charges you $150,00 an hour. Don't really
need an MCSE for that.

I find this newsgroup rather curious though. I mean, really, anyone that is
after an MCSE does'nt really need this newsgroup, now do they? At least not
from the technical standpoint. I have come to the conclusion that its only
purpose is community. A place where people with a common goal can come to
commiserate.

Like others have said, this newsgroup doen'nt provide much information but
it is fun.

I just hope you will all be there when I have a *real* question.

Respectfully yours, Ken Graci BSCS, A+, MCP

Politician Spock

"KennyG" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ut%23EMX$(E-Mail Removed)...

> I find this newsgroup rather curious though. I mean, really, anyone that

is
> after an MCSE does'nt really need this newsgroup, now do they?

BINGO!

A couple more secret steps and a package will be sent your way.

--
Politician Spock
MCSA, CCEA, MCNGP #15

=?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE_MCNGP?=

KennyG wrote:
> news:eBmbXn%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> you should consider a career in competitive figure skating

> You're right. Double-axel. Triple toe loop.
>
> Actually, I think you guys (and gals) are great (and you *know* who
> you are).
>
> Me. I'm just a programmer. I don't know what kerpelism is and if I
> ever used Chalk's Term I did'nt know it. I'm a big fish is a little
> pond where I work. Problem is the little pond is drying up. So i did
> some self assessment and realized that (aside from being burnt-out on
> programming and possessing limited social skills) I have a lot of
> knowledge about computers and networking but nothing to really show
> that I know what I know to others. So I decide to get an MSCE (the
> premier certification) since I don't like doing things half-way.

Study Kerpalism. It's almost a religion. Chalk (AKA Kline) is a wise old
MCNGP. Learn his words of wisdom, and someday you may be added to the team.
We need another 26 so that we can produce our own deck of playing cards.

Can I have your old job? I'm a programmer and I possess GREAT FCKN people
skills.

I don't however, possess the premier certs that Glenn, one of the other
MCNGP programmers have. Nor do I have the BSCS that you have, but I'm
pretty good at BS.

> What I really want to do is start my own computer service company
> (actually I already have). You know, be one of those computer guys
> that comes to your office to fix your printer and charges you $150,00
> an hour. Don't really need an MCSE for that.

Can you hire me for that? Well, I don't want to fix any printers, but when
you charge your client $150 to fix their printer, we can pitch my mad
programming skills and maybe make another $150/hour for writing them a
custom logon script.

> I find this newsgroup rather curious though. I mean, really, anyone
> that is after an MCSE does'nt really need this newsgroup, now do
> they? At least not from the technical standpoint. I have come to the
> conclusion that its only purpose is community. A place where people
> with a common goal can come to commiserate.

You are wise beyond your years. I call this place home.

> Like others have said, this newsgroup doen'nt provide much
> information but it is fun.

The lamers don't think so. You're officially not a lamer.

> I just hope you will all be there when I have a *real* question.

I may go into hibernation from time to time, but most of us are here for
life, I think.

> Respectfully yours, Ken Graci BSCS, A+, MCP

--
Fris "Respectfully nobody's" bee® MCNGP #13

http://www.mcngp.tk
The MCNGP Team - We're here to help

Consultant

word

"KennyG" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ut%23EMX$(E-Mail Removed)...
> news:eBmbXn%(E-Mail Removed)...
> > you should consider a career in competitive figure skating

> You're right. Double-axel. Triple toe loop.
>
> Actually, I think you guys (and gals) are great (and you *know* who you
> are).
>
> Me. I'm just a programmer. I don't know what kerpelism is and if I ever
> used Chalk's Term I did'nt know it. I'm a big fish is a little pond where

> work. Problem is the little pond is drying up. So i did some self
> assessment and realized that (aside from being burnt-out on programming

and
> possessing limited social skills) I have a lot of knowledge about

computers
> and networking but nothing to really show that I know what I know to

others.
> So I decide to get an MSCE (the premier certification) since I don't like
> doing things half-way.
>
> What I really want to do is start my own computer service company

(actually
> I already have). You know, be one of those computer guys that comes to

your
> office to fix your printer and charges you $150,00 an hour. Don't really
> need an MCSE for that.
>
> I find this newsgroup rather curious though. I mean, really, anyone that

is
> after an MCSE does'nt really need this newsgroup, now do they? At least

not
> from the technical standpoint. I have come to the conclusion that its only
> purpose is community. A place where people with a common goal can come to
> commiserate.
>
> Like others have said, this newsgroup doen'nt provide much information but
> it is fun.
>
> I just hope you will all be there when I have a *real* question.
>
> Respectfully yours, Ken Graci BSCS, A+, MCP

Ken Briscoe

> Can I have your old job? I'm a programmer and I possess GREAT FCKN
people
> skills.

....so....you physically take the specs from the customer?

Here we go again....

--

KB - MCNGP #26

KennyG

After a half hour of diligent research I now know what Chalk's Term is (in
its pure form) and what kerpalism is.

But I really don't thing i have ever used Chalk's Term. Many other but not
that one. I'll try harder. I also don't like kicking defensless animals.

Maybe I should consider figure skating after all.

Ken Briscoe

> I find this newsgroup rather curious though. I mean, really, anyone that
is
> after an MCSE does'nt really need this newsgroup, now do they? At least

not
> from the technical standpoint. I have come to the conclusion that its

only
> purpose is community. A place where people with a common goal can come

> commiserate.

Frankly, I've learned nothing (techical) in this newsgroup. And I think I
prefer it that way. You're right in the fact that it's more about
community - people with common interests and goals "hanging out", as it
were.

> Like others have said, this newsgroup doen'nt provide much information

but
> it is fun.

Of the many NGs I lurk and post in, this group rivals only
alt.sports.baseball.bos-redsox in community. And that's because we've all
suffered years of torture and agony at the hands of the Red Sox - we share
a common misery that will bind us together for the rest of our days.
Sniffle. But there's always next year. There's *always* "always next year."

> I just hope you will all be there when I have a *real* question.

When there are legitimate questions that aren't easily resolved by doing
such things as googling, and posting to *relevant* newsgroups (AD,
scripting, exchange, yada yada yada), we're always here to help a fellow
out. Or lady. Or feminine-looking-sax-player. Whatever. "We're here to
help."

Now hurry the F up and meet the damn requirements - I'm sick of being "the
new guy." And I want my deck of cards.

--

KB - MCNGP #26