Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Auto-changing Workgroup

Auto-changing Workgroup

=?Utf-8?B?bWlja2FuZQ==?=

I have several users who are required to use a given workgroup name in order
to connect to a service on our network. Unfortunately, these students are
asked by their parents to use the home workgroup at home. Of ~300 users there
are about 10% (30) who must change their networking (workgroup) name almost
daily.

I have a registry file to place on desktops to change computername for the
next reboot; but nothing to share with them that can solve the workgroup
dilemna.

Does anyone out there have that magical answer - something that a keypress
can accomplish that will change the workgroup name for the next reboot?

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers,

~mk

=?Utf-8?B?bWlja2FuZQ==?=

"mickane" wrote:

> I have several users who are required to use a given workgroup name in order
> to connect to a service on our network. Unfortunately, these students are
> asked by their parents to use the home workgroup at home. Of ~300 users there
> are about 10% (30) who must change their networking (workgroup) name almost
> daily.
>
> I have a registry file to place on desktops to change computername for the
> next reboot; but nothing to share with them that can solve the workgroup
> dilemna.
>
> Does anyone out there have that magical answer - something that a keypress
> can accomplish that will change the workgroup name for the next reboot?
>
> Any help is appreciated.
>
> Cheers,
>
> ~mk

=?Utf-8?B?bWlja2FuZQ==?=

As already stated - sorry ... it's late & I only read the word "networking"
in the newsgroup name (the group previous and next are both Windows ...)

..... that's my excuse & I'm sticking to it.