Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > 70-221 Exam Format Info Requested

70-221 Exam Format Info Requested

.

Thinking of taking 70-221

I'm after some, non confidential type, info please.

Exam time frame.
No of questions.
How many case studies are given.
Is it a pass fail or % mark, bar chart etc...

Thanks

Dan Setzer

"." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:XbeDb.5336$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thinking of taking 70-221
>
> I'm after some, non confidential type, info please.
>
> Exam time frame.
> No of questions.
> How many case studies are given.
> Is it a pass fail or % mark, bar chart etc...
>
> Thanks

I just went through the exam. Here is what to expect.

First, the exam runs FOUR hours! Have a big breakfast. I finished with
over a half hour to spare for review, so the time allotted is quite
generous.

There were 40 questions based upon 4 or 5 case studies.

There were rather a lot of drag and drop questions where you will have to
place multiple elements in the proper slot. Some of these are very complex
with 5 or 6 destinations and perhaps 10 items to choose from. Sometimes all
of the items are used, sometimes not. Some questions allow an item to be
used multiple times, sometimes not. I do not know if the test scores points
for partial correct answers. I would hope so.

During the case studies note that there are multiple tabs to explore.

At the end you will get a numeric score and a bar graph will show you your
percentage.

Good Luck. I, for one, am glad to have that one behind me.

dan

.

"Dan Setzer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:NVhDb.1$(E-Mail Removed)...>
> "." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:XbeDb.5336$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Thinking of taking 70-221
> >
> > I'm after some, non confidential type, info please.
> >
> > Exam time frame.
> > No of questions.
> > How many case studies are given.
> > Is it a pass fail or % mark, bar chart etc...
> >
> > Thanks

> I just went through the exam. Here is what to expect.
>
> First, the exam runs FOUR hours! Have a big breakfast. I finished with
> over a half hour to spare for review, so the time allotted is quite
> generous.
>
> There were 40 questions based upon 4 or 5 case studies.
>
> There were rather a lot of drag and drop questions where you will have to
> place multiple elements in the proper slot. Some of these are very

complex
> with 5 or 6 destinations and perhaps 10 items to choose from. Sometimes

all
> of the items are used, sometimes not. Some questions allow an item to be
> used multiple times, sometimes not. I do not know if the test scores

points
> for partial correct answers. I would hope so.
>
> During the case studies note that there are multiple tabs to explore.
>
> At the end you will get a numeric score and a bar graph will show you your
> percentage.
>
> Good Luck. I, for one, am glad to have that one behind me.
>
> dan

Thanks for the info.