Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > What do Freeserve customers use for NG's?

What do Freeserve customers use for NG's?

David

My brother is a Freeserve customer, think they have been bought and sold at
least twice, was it to Wanadoo, then now Orange.
Anyway he wants to join NGs such as this but his Freeserve account will not
allow NGs, how have you Freeserve customers got round this?
Guess he wants a free service!

--
Regards,
David

Please reply to News Group

Whiskers

On 2006-12-17, David <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> My brother is a Freeserve customer, think they have been bought and sold at
> least twice, was it to Wanadoo, then now Orange.
> Anyway he wants to join NGs such as this but his Freeserve account will not
> allow NGs, how have you Freeserve customers got round this?
> Guess he wants a free service!

I'm not a customer of Freeserve/Wanadoo/Orange, but I know there are plenty
of public news-servers available. Start here
<http://search.ask.com/web?q=public+news+server&qsrc=0&o=0>.

The one I use costs 10 Euros a year; see <http://www.individual.net/>.

--
-- ^^^^^^^^^^
-- Whiskers

john sumner

"Whiskers" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On 2006-12-17, David <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > My brother is a Freeserve customer, think they have been bought and sold

at
> > least twice, was it to Wanadoo, then now Orange.
> > Anyway he wants to join NGs such as this but his Freeserve account will

not
> > allow NGs, how have you Freeserve customers got round this?
> > Guess he wants a free service!

> I'm not a customer of Freeserve/Wanadoo/Orange, but I know there are

plenty
> of public news-servers available. Start here
> <http://search.ask.com/web?q=public+news+server&qsrc=0&o=0>.
>
> The one I use costs 10 Euros a year; see <http://www.individual.net/>.
>
> --
> -- ^^^^^^^^^^
> -- Whiskers
> -- ~~~~~~~~~~

john sumner

> I'm not a customer of Freeserve/Wanadoo/Orange, but I know there are

plenty
> of public news-servers available. Start here
> <http://search.ask.com/web?q=public+news+server&qsrc=0&o=0>.
>
> The one I use costs 10 Euros a year; see <http://www.individual.net/>.
>
> --
> -- ^^^^^^^^^^
> -- Whiskers
> -- ~~~~~~~~~~

Whiskers can you tell me how much that is in american money?

CtrlĄ/AltĄ/DelĄ

On Sun, 17 Dec 2006 18:11:16 GMT, "David" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>My brother is a Freeserve customer, think they have been bought and sold at
>least twice, was it to Wanadoo, then now Orange.
>Anyway he wants to join NGs such as this but his Freeserve account will not
>allow NGs, how have you Freeserve customers got round this?
>Guess he wants a free service!

http://news.aioe.org/

Simply enter in nntp.aioe.org as the host name in whatever newsreader
you happen to be using, download list of available groups and Usenet
away all that you like, no password or user name required. No
binaries, strictly text based groups.

Altie

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

"john sumner" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> I'm not a customer of Freeserve/Wanadoo/Orange, but I know there are

>plenty
>> of public news-servers available. Start here
>> <http://search.ask.com/web?q=public+news+server&qsrc=0&o=0>.
>>
>> The one I use costs 10 Euros a year; see <http://www.individual.net/>.
>>

>Whiskers can you tell me how much that is in american money?

It comes to $13 dollars today, I use http://www.individual.net/ and
have never had any problems - very good at spam blocking as well.

--
http://www.tvsquad.com/2006/12/15/in...ernet-fanboys/

Evan Platt

On Sun, 17 Dec 2006 17:23:52 -0500, "john sumner"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Whiskers can you tell me how much that is in american money?

I believe "american money" is called Dollars.

You can go to google and type in 10 euros in US dollars

http://www.google.com/search?num=100...rs&btnG=Search

Whiskers

On 2006-12-17, john sumner <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> I'm not a customer of Freeserve/Wanadoo/Orange, but I know there are plenty
>> of public news-servers available. Start here
>> <http://search.ask.com/web?q=public+news+server&qsrc=0&o=0>.
>>
>> The one I use costs 10 Euros a year; see <http://www.individual.net/>.

> Whiskers can you tell me how much that is in american money?

Let's see: 141 Mexican Pesos, 28 Brazilian Reals, ... oh, look for
yourself <http://search.ask.com/web?q=exchange+rates&qsrc=0&o=0>.

--
-- Whiskers