Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > disable Windows login and logout sounds

disable Windows login and logout sounds

DL

Hi,
I know there has to be a way, but I can't seem to figure it out on my own.
How do I disable the sound that Windows plays
when I login and logout? I like to play music through my stereo system, but
I don't like hearing those sounds over the top of my music when I login and
out.

Thanks in advance,
Dave

pcbutts1

Control panel>sounds>sounds tab.

"DL" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
> I know there has to be a way, but I can't seem to figure it out on my own.
> How do I disable the sound that Windows plays
> when I login and logout? I like to play music through my stereo system,
> but I don't like hearing those sounds over the top of my music when I
> login and out.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Dave

Bert Hyman

In news(E-Mail Removed) "DL"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I know there has to be a way, but I can't seem to figure it out on my
> own.

Control Panel -> Sounds and Audio Devices. Select "Sounds" tab.

In "Program events:" window, find "Start Windows", "Exit Windows",
"Windows Login" and "Windows Logoff" and assign them either no sound, or
one more to your liking.

--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

John Holmes

DL "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

> Hi,
> I know there has to be a way, but I can't seem to figure it out on my
> own. How do I disable the sound that Windows plays
> when I login and logout? I like to play music through my stereo
> system, but I don't like hearing those sounds over the top of my music
> when I login and out.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Dave

start>settings>cuntrol panel>sounds and audio devices>sound tab

--
You bizarre basin of infested pig droppings.

DL

Okay, thanks. Now that I have that done on my user login, I notice that
other logins in my family still have the sounds. Is that the way it should
be? Or do I need to do the same from all logins? (multi-user-login XP-pro
system)

Thanks again in advance,
Dave

"John Holmes" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed). nl...
> DL "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
>
>> Hi,
>> I know there has to be a way, but I can't seem to figure it out on my
>> own. How do I disable the sound that Windows plays
>> when I login and logout? I like to play music through my stereo
>> system, but I don't like hearing those sounds over the top of my music
>> when I login and out.
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>> Dave
>>

> start>settings>cuntrol panel>sounds and audio devices>sound tab
>
> --
> You bizarre basin of infested pig droppings.

Lookout

My guess would be to log on to each account and do the same thing.

On Sun, 17 Dec 2006 14:01:18 -0500, "DL" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Okay, thanks. Now that I have that done on my user login, I notice that
>other logins in my family still have the sounds. Is that the way it should
>be? Or do I need to do the same from all logins? (multi-user-login XP-pro
>system)
>
>Thanks again in advance,
>Dave
>
>"John Holmes" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed) .nl...
>> DL "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>> I know there has to be a way, but I can't seem to figure it out on my
>>> own. How do I disable the sound that Windows plays
>>> when I login and logout? I like to play music through my stereo
>>> system, but I don't like hearing those sounds over the top of my music
>>> when I login and out.
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance,
>>> Dave
>>>

>> start>settings>cuntrol panel>sounds and audio devices>sound tab
>>
>> --
>> You bizarre basin of infested pig droppings.

What's in a Name?

pcbutts1 aka pcbutts1@****leythosthestalker.com in
24hoursupport.helpdesk <(E-Mail Removed)>
on 12/17/2006 after much thought,came up with this jewel:

> Control panel>sounds>sounds tab.

Before listening to pcbutthead,read through these gems-

http://msmvps.com/blogs/spywaresucks...do-believe-PCB
UTTS1-has-finally-lost-the-plot.aspx

http://msmvps.com/blogs/spywaresucks...10/272921.aspx

http://forums.security-central.us/sh...ad.php?p=10097