Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > error message when playing videos

error message when playing videos

english_dude@london.com

Recently, everytime I try to play a video clip in WMP 10 I get an error
message box containing

OS: Windows XP Professional, SP2
CPU: GenuineIntel, Intel Pentium III, MMX @ 800 MHz

Application data:
VmVyc2lvbjogVVVKZFExQlRWbHRFVFVOSFF5c29PU2M1QndBNk pUOCt
MVzk3WjJOck1DRWpQeU1rTTBGeGVIQjBaWE01DQpJbWFnZUJhc 2U6ID
E3RTcwMDAwDQpFaXA6IDNBOUY2NDANCkVheDogRjA0MDAwMA0K RWN4O
iAwDQpFZHg6IDEzMjhBNzIwDQpFYng6IDANCkVzaTogMTc1MjZ CREMN
CkVkaTogMTMyNjAwMDANCkVicDogM0FCRTY0Qw0KRXNwOiAzQU JFNTI

(there's another hundred lines)

and the options OK, Copy text or Send report. After clicking cancel
around 10 times the box goes away.

Any ideas on this problem ? Is it DRM related ?

TIA

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

>Recently, everytime I try to play a video clip in WMP 10 I get an error
>message box containing
>
>OS: Windows XP Professional, SP2
>CPU: GenuineIntel, Intel Pentium III, MMX @ 800 MHz
>
>Application data:
>VmVyc2lvbjogVVVKZFExQlRWbHRFVFVOSFF5c29PU2M1QndBN kpUOCt
>MVzk3WjJOck1DRWpQeU1rTTBGeGVIQjBaWE01DQpJbWFnZUJh c2U6ID
>E3RTcwMDAwDQpFaXA6IDNBOUY2NDANCkVheDogRjA0MDAwMA0 KRWN4O
>iAwDQpFZHg6IDEzMjhBNzIwDQpFYng6IDANCkVzaTogMTc1Mj ZCREMN
>CkVkaTogMTMyNjAwMDANCkVicDogM0FCRTY0Qw0KRXNwOiAzQ UJFNTI
>
>(there's another hundred lines)

Looks like a data stream that wasn't decoded properly,

>and the options OK, Copy text or Send report. After clicking cancel
>around 10 times the box goes away.
>
>Any ideas on this problem ? Is it DRM related ?

Download and run Gspot http://www.headbands.com/gspot/

For one it will tell you what codec's you have installed; Dragging and
dropping your video into the Gspot program will tell you what the vid
needs to run.

Might also give VLC a try http://www.videolan.org/vlc/ very small, and
very good.

--