Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Satelite TV on PC

Satelite TV on PC

caroline

I saw an advert where you can get satellite television from anywhere in the
World on a PC, anyone know anything about this.

Ebeneezer Ponder

Hiya caroline.

In <news:Xm_gh.9868$(E-Mail Removed)> you wrote:

> I saw an advert where you can get satellite television from anywhere in the
> World on a PC, anyone know anything about this.

It's a list of links to streaming video sites you could find using
google.

--
PGP key ID - DSS:0x2661A952
Bah humbug - Homepage: http://www.colinjones.co.uk ICQ# 1707811

Bucky Breeder

"caroline" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:Xm_gh.9868$(E-Mail Removed):

> I saw an advert where you can get satellite television
> from anywhere in the World on a PC, anyone know anything
> about this.

I know I kept getting hammered by them with e-Mail proffers under a
constantly changing "from" and "subject" fields. I know that I finally
checked out [this particular one's] web link, and it went something like
"regular price is $399.99, but for a limited time only, and a one-time fee
of only $49.99, [a target] could download their exclusive software to turn
your PC into "a second TV" - and with full payment received they'd also
give you either a Rolex watch or an iPod... but you had to participate in
some kind of satisfaction survey.

The hot-tip for me was after being informed in huge dayglow boldface
letters that if I acted now, I would save $350 -- halfway down the page,
was a statement that "this package normally sells retail for over $150.00."

And they almost had me at the iPod. I probably missed the deal of a
lifetime? And I could have used that Rolex to get to my mom's dinner on
time... My bad. LOL!

Probably to a shark,
about the funniest thing there is
would be a wounded seal,
out in the middle of the ocean,
desperately trying to swim to shore.

Because, like - where does he think *he's* going!??!

G. Morgan

On Sat, 16 Dec 2006 22:24:55 GMT, "caroline" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>I saw an advert where you can get satellite television from anywhere in the
>World on a PC, anyone know anything about this.

That advert is a scam. If you really want to watch SAT TV on your PC
get a DVB-S card, there is software you can use to stream the content
too.

--

-Graham

(delete the double e's to email)