Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > Mcse or a Bachelor degree?

Mcse or a Bachelor degree?

WhiteJul

What is better, a novice MCSE or a just college degree graduated with a
Bachelor in Computer Information System?

George

"WhiteJul" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> What is better, a novice MCSE or a just college degree graduated with a
> Bachelor in Computer Information System?

In general, a 4 year degree from an acredited institution more desireable
than an MCSE. However, an MCSE compliments a degree very well. Experience
is usually the first criteria employers review. A degree is an unofficial
stamp of approval for many employers. Obviously, the average level of
analytical ability and writing skills is higher for a college graduate and
employers are well aware of this fact.

=?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE_MCNGP?=

WhiteJul wrote:
> What is better, a novice MCSE or a just college degree graduated with
> a Bachelor in Computer Information System?

It all depends on how big her boobs are.

SuperTech

"WhiteJul" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> What is better, a novice MCSE or a just college degree graduated
> with a Bachelor in Computer Information System?

Without experience: neither. I have a BS in CompSci and I am currently
pursuing MCSE certification. Requiring a college degree for network
admins/desktop support is more of a filter of screening the haves and
the have nots. The actual degree itself has done nothing for me: I
have never used calculus, physics, or programming on my job. I guess
the way they look at it is if you never could cut the mustard in
college you probably don't have a lot of ambition or smarts to carry
out the job they are hiring for.

What has helped me the most in landing a job is my part-time computer
jobs I had while I was in college. I was working minimum wage at my
college doing desktop support for a whole building! Also worked at a
retail store fixing computers. Trust me when I say these part time jobs
were not career jobs: sucky atmosphere, low pay and little resources to
work with.

So, whatever you do, get any type of hands-on experience with computers
you can. Help Desk, software support, desktop support, network
support, etc., do whatever you can. Get at least an associates degree
in computer science at a technical college and some hands on experience
and then hit the pavement.

SuperTech

jen

FrisbeeŽ MCNGP wrote:
> WhiteJul wrote:
>
>>What is better, a novice MCSE or a just college degree graduated with
>>a Bachelor in Computer Information System?

> It all depends on how big her boobs are.

LMAO...good one!

--
Until morale improves, the beatings will continue.

Kline Sphere

>It all depends on how big her boobs are.

Do legs not 'cum' into it?

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Frisbee=AE_MCNGP?=

Kline Sphere wrote:
>> It all depends on how big her boobs are.

> Do legs not 'cum' into it?

Why would you think I'm a leg man? I've -got- legs.

{$1 to Jerry Seinfeld}

Kline Sphere

On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 15:18:26 -0500, FrisbeeŽ MCNGP
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Why would you think I'm a leg man? I've -got- legs.

Wot no breasts though.
lol!

Rick

A BS is a measure of your ability. Even though you may have not used any
subject matter on the job the degree in CS proves you have the ability to
learn complex and sometimes abstract information. Generally a degree also
proves you have the ability to listen to and learn from a mentor. Most jobs
look at it as a measure of your ability to keep learning and be a valuable
asset to the company in the future.

However both a MCSE and BS are just pieces of paper. The true measure of a
person is what he walked away from the experience with. The only way to
measure this is to interview the person so that you get a personal measure
of his abilities.

--
Rick