Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Opera will not STREAM this station for me...?

Opera will not STREAM this station for me...?

David_nj_7@mailbolt.com

Does this station STREAM for you... ???
Hi... Here is a link to one of my favorite radio stations.

http://tuner1.dc1.sonixtream.com/sol...e=true&type=IE

I have dial-up... and when I click on the link, it takes an eternity to
load, and then I see where it says UNDEFINED.

Does it work for you guys? And if it does, what do I need to get it
going on my machine.

Thanks in advance

DAVID

Win98se
Opera 9.02

PS: No problems with other flash intensive sites.

Freezer

If I don't respond to this post, the terrorists win.

> Does this station STREAM for you... ???
> Hi... Here is a link to one of my favorite radio stations.
>
> http://tuner1.dc1.sonixtream.com/sol...r/Tuner?aff=61
> 0wip&useSame=true&type=IE
>
> I have dial-up... and when I click on the link, it takes an
> eternity to load, and then I see where it says UNDEFINED.
>
> Does it work for you guys? And if it does, what do I need to
> get it going on my machine.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> DAVID
>
> Win98se
> Opera 9.02
>

> PS: No problems with other flash intensive sites.

Trying setting the page option to "Identify as IE" or "Mask as
IE". Lots of sites will freak out if they don't find IE on your
system, even if the site will work perfecty fine with it.

--
My name is:
____ _

David_nj_7@mailbolt.com

Freezer wrote:
> If I don't respond to this post, the terrorists win.
>
> > Does this station STREAM for you... ???
> > Hi... Here is a link to one of my favorite radio stations.
> >
> > http://tuner1.dc1.sonixtream.com/sol...r/Tuner?aff=61
> > 0wip&useSame=true&type=IE
> >
> > I have dial-up... and when I click on the link, it takes an
> > eternity to load, and then I see where it says UNDEFINED.
> >
> > Does it work for you guys? And if it does, what do I need to
> > get it going on my machine.
> >
> > Thanks in advance
> >
> > DAVID
> >
> > Win98se
> > Opera 9.02
> >

> > PS: No problems with other flash intensive sites.

> Trying setting the page option to "Identify as IE" or "Mask as
> IE". Lots of sites will freak out if they don't find IE on your
> system, even if the site will work perfecty fine with it.
>
> --
> My name is:
> ____ _
> / ___| | |
> | |__ _ __ ___ ___ ____ ___ _ __ | |
> | __|| '__/ _ \/ _ \/_ // _ \| '__|| |
> | | | | __/ __/ / /| __/| | |_|
> |_| |_| \___|\___||___|\___||_| (_)
> And my anti-drug is porn.
> 2006 RSPW March Melee Champion
> http://www.geocities.com/mysterysciencefreezer
> http://freezer818.livejournal.com/

Thanks Freezer.... tried your suggestions, and I have the same
results.

Thank You

DAVID

nobody >

> Does this station STREAM for you... ???
> Hi... Here is a link to one of my favorite radio stations.
>
> http://tuner1.dc1.sonixtream.com/sol...e=true&type=IE
>
> I have dial-up... and when I click on the link, it takes an eternity to
> load, and then I see where it says UNDEFINED.

The reality is you *don't* want that particular stream. (some financial
scheme/scam)

I just tried it in Opera here and it worked, but I'm on DSL . Was this
link specified for dialup with a different one for broadband? If not,
they could have geared it for broadband only. I remember seeingthis when
I was on dialup, and the results were pathetic with error messages and
partial/interrupted streams.

David_nj_7@mailbolt.com

nobody > wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> > Does this station STREAM for you... ???
> > Hi... Here is a link to one of my favorite radio stations.
> >
> > http://tuner1.dc1.sonixtream.com/sol...e=true&type=IE
> >
> > I have dial-up... and when I click on the link, it takes an eternity to
> > load, and then I see where it says UNDEFINED.

> The reality is you *don't* want that particular stream. (some financial
> scheme/scam)
>
> I just tried it in Opera here and it worked, but I'm on DSL . Was this
> link specified for dialup with a different one for broadband? If not,
> they could have geared it for broadband only. I remember seeingthis when
> I was on dialup, and the results were pathetic with error messages and
> partial/interrupted streams.

Thanks... No, actually, this link was a link to listen LIVE to radio
station 610 WIP out
of Phila. Pa. Now.... I know things can get "buggy" with dial-up...
however about a year ago I was able to listen to this station, although
I don't remember if it was the same link to do it.

Thanks

DAVID

Jim Byrd

Hi David - Links and steams OK (after a little delay) for me using IE6,

--
Regards, Jim Byrd

In news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com,
(E-Mail Removed) <(E-Mail Removed)> typed:
|| nobody > wrote:
http://tuner1.dc1.sonixtream.com/sol...e=true&type=IE
||| The reality is you *don't* want that particular stream. (some
||| financial scheme/scam)
||| I just tried it in Opera here and it worked, but I'm on DSL . Was
||| this link specified for dialup with a different one for broadband?
||| If not, they could have geared it for broadband only. I remember
||| seeingthis when I was on dialup, and the results were pathetic with
||| error messages and partial/interrupted streams.
|| Thanks... No, actually, this link was a link to listen LIVE to radio
|| station 610 WIP out
|| of Phila. Pa. Now.... I know things can get "buggy" with dial-up...
|| however about a year ago I was able to listen to this station,
|| although I don't remember if it was the same link to do it.
|| Thanks
|| DAVID

John Morrison

On 13 Dec 2006 13:53:22 -0800, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>Does this station STREAM for you... ???
>Hi... Here is a link to one of my favorite radio stations.
>
>http://tuner1.dc1.sonixtream.com/sol...e=true&type=IE
>
>I have dial-up... and when I click on the link, it takes an eternity to
>load, and then I see where it says UNDEFINED.
>
>Does it work for you guys? And if it does, what do I need to get it
>going on my machine.

It works here but I'm using Opera 9.10 Build 8678.
--

John