Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Abit Fatal1ty SLI RAM

Abit Fatal1ty SLI RAM

bobbydavro

I have 2 sticks of DDR2 PC3200+ RAM in slots 1 and 2. Would I be able to put
a 1 GB DDR2 PC3200+ in slot 3 for a total of 2GB or does this not work. I
get differing opinions?. Any help appreciated.

beenthere

newsohfh.14911$(E-Mail Removed) .uk...

Check it out at www.crucial.com
They are the RAM experts.

bw..OJ

Paul

bobbydavro wrote:
> I have 2 sticks of DDR2 PC3200+ RAM in slots 1 and 2. Would I be able to
> put a 1 GB DDR2 PC3200+ in slot 3 for a total of 2GB or does this not
> work. I get differing opinions?. Any help appreciated.

http://www.crucial.com/store/listpar...tal1ty+AN8+SLI

"Although the memory can be installed one module at a time, the
best performance comes from using matched pairs of modules."

Revision E processors or later, support the use of single modules
if you want to use odd numbers of modules. But the best performance
comes from matched pairs.

HTH,
Paul