Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Wireless connections mysteriously stopped working

Wireless connections mysteriously stopped working

=?Utf-8?B?RGF2aWQ=?=

I have a laptop with the centrino wireless capability. When I first bought
the laptop, I set up a wireless router with my desktop and they were both
able to access internet and share files. I'm not sure what I might have
done, but now when I try to connect to not only my home network or ANY
wireless networks... they are unavailable. Actually, they aren't even
listed by my laptop. It just says that there are no nearby networks. I have
my firewall turned off and it still doesn't work. Please help if you can.

Pavel A.

Don't forget to turn radio ON (use Proset utility or button on your laptop).

--PA

"David" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have a laptop with the centrino wireless capability. When I first bought
> the laptop, I set up a wireless router with my desktop and they were both
> able to access internet and share files. I'm not sure what I might have
> done, but now when I try to connect to not only my home network or ANY
> wireless networks... they are unavailable. Actually, they aren't even
> listed by my laptop. It just says that there are no nearby networks. I have
> my firewall turned off and it still doesn't work. Please help if you can.

=?Utf-8?B?REI=?=

Hello,

Sorry to look a bit thick but how do I turn radio ON. I have had exactly
the same problem and am pulling my hair out as to what I have done wrong!

I have a linksys router and all works fine on the ethernet but not wireless,
even though wireless worked great!

THanks

DB

"Pavel A." wrote:

> Don't forget to turn radio ON (use Proset utility or button on your laptop).
>
> --PA
>
> "David" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I have a laptop with the centrino wireless capability. When I first bought
> > the laptop, I set up a wireless router with my desktop and they were both
> > able to access internet and share files. I'm not sure what I might have
> > done, but now when I try to connect to not only my home network or ANY
> > wireless networks... they are unavailable. Actually, they aren't even
> > listed by my laptop. It just says that there are no nearby networks. I have
> > my firewall turned off and it still doesn't work. Please help if you can.

Malke

DB wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Sorry to look a bit thick but how do I turn radio ON. I have had
> exactly the same problem and am pulling my hair out as to what I have
> done wrong!
>
> I have a linksys router and all works fine on the ethernet but not
> wireless, even though wireless worked great!

Read the manual that came with your laptop or look in any documentation
that might be preinstalled by the OEM. Many laptops have an FN+Some Key
press that does it. Some Toshibas (for ex.) have a tiny switch. You'll
just need to look at your machine.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers