Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Display problem

Display problem

Pompey

Hi
I have a problem with the display on a HP/compaq nx9010 evo notebook
bought s/hand
Basically the display looks to big.. Font/ Icons /taskbar and all windows
that open.. they all fit into the screen but have to scroll a lot.. when i
scroll its a 'stepped' scroll
I have downloaded and installed the latest drivers for the video card.. have
checked display panel set at 1024x768 pxls

specs as follows
HP / compaq nx9010
15" dispay
40 gb Ntfs HD
Windows Xp sp2
2.9ghz celeron
512 mb ram
Ati radeon igp 345m D/adapter

If you need anymore info i will provide
all help welcome
Thanks Dar

old man

Drivers from where?

"Pompey " <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bCCeh.14054$(E-Mail Removed). uk...
> Hi
> I have a problem with the display on a HP/compaq nx9010 evo notebook
> bought s/hand
> Basically the display looks to big.. Font/ Icons /taskbar and all

windows
> that open.. they all fit into the screen but have to scroll a lot.. when i
> scroll its a 'stepped' scroll
> I have downloaded and installed the latest drivers for the video card..

have
> checked display panel set at 1024x768 pxls
>
> specs as follows
> HP / compaq nx9010
> 15" dispay
> 40 gb Ntfs HD
> Windows Xp sp2
> 2.9ghz celeron
> 512 mb ram
> Ati radeon igp 345m D/adapter
>
> If you need anymore info i will provide
> all help welcome
> Thanks Dar

Pompey

From sony websiteand microsoft.... ATI doesnt show any.
Dar

"old man" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:sZIeh.5623$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Drivers from where?
>
> "Pompey " <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:bCCeh.14054$(E-Mail Removed). uk...
>> Hi
>> I have a problem with the display on a HP/compaq nx9010 evo notebook
>> bought s/hand
>> Basically the display looks to big.. Font/ Icons /taskbar and all

> windows
>> that open.. they all fit into the screen but have to scroll a lot.. when
>> scroll its a 'stepped' scroll
>> I have downloaded and installed the latest drivers for the video card..

> have
>> checked display panel set at 1024x768 pxls
>>
>> specs as follows
>> HP / compaq nx9010
>> 15" dispay
>> 40 gb Ntfs HD
>> Windows Xp sp2
>> 2.9ghz celeron
>> 512 mb ram
>> Ati radeon igp 345m D/adapter
>>
>> If you need anymore info i will provide
>> all help welcome
>> Thanks Dar

old man

Interesting, what has Sony got to do with HP notebook hardware?

For Laptops/Notebooks you only obtain drivers from the manu site, specific
to your model.
Do NOT use winupdate for drivers - an easy way to bugger the sys -
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport...&lang=en&cc=uk

or http://tinyurl.com/yhc3l2

"Pompey " <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:WTVeh.14388$(E-Mail Removed). uk...
> From sony websiteand microsoft.... ATI doesnt show any.
> Dar
>

> "old man" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:sZIeh.5623$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Drivers from where?
> >
> > "Pompey " <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:bCCeh.14054$(E-Mail Removed). uk...
> >> Hi
> >> I have a problem with the display on a HP/compaq nx9010 evo notebook
> >> bought s/hand
> >> Basically the display looks to big.. Font/ Icons /taskbar and all

> > windows
> >> that open.. they all fit into the screen but have to scroll a lot..

when
> >> scroll its a 'stepped' scroll
> >> I have downloaded and installed the latest drivers for the video card..

> > have
> >> checked display panel set at 1024x768 pxls
> >>
> >> specs as follows
> >> HP / compaq nx9010
> >> 15" dispay
> >> 40 gb Ntfs HD
> >> Windows Xp sp2
> >> 2.9ghz celeron
> >> 512 mb ram
> >> Ati radeon igp 345m D/adapter
> >>
> >> If you need anymore info i will provide
> >> all help welcome
> >> Thanks Dar

Pompey

Oops sorry meant downloaded from HP

Thanx

"old man" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newskYeh.14865$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Interesting, what has Sony got to do with HP notebook hardware?
>
> For Laptops/Notebooks you only obtain drivers from the manu site, specific
> to your model.
> Do NOT use winupdate for drivers - an easy way to bugger the sys -
> http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport...&lang=en&cc=uk
>
> or http://tinyurl.com/yhc3l2
>
> "Pompey " <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:WTVeh.14388$(E-Mail Removed). uk...

Tahnx