Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Email problem... (finding host) ???

Email problem... (finding host) ???

David_nj_7@mailbolt.com

I have a dial-up connection which, for the most part, I don't mind. I
never get disconnected and although web surfing is very slow it is at
least consistent.

What's not consistent is my email. I use Outlook Express for my pop3
email however often when I'm either sending or receiving email....
sometimes I have to wait anywhere from 10 seconds to as much as a
minute while it says (FINDING HOST). This gets so frustrating and I am
just trying to figure out if it's MY COMPUTER... or server side
related?

Another thing that I hate. I'll be in the middle of sending an email
with a decent size attachment and I will get a message saying the
SERVER UNEXPECTEDLY DISCONNECTED.... or something to that efffect.

Any ideas as to why this is happening? I have had dial-up for about 7
years, and these issues were never the case until the last few months.

Thanks in advance

D.

Evan Platt

On 9 Dec 2006 07:32:46 -0800, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>I have a dial-up connection which, for the most part, I don't mind. I
>never get disconnected and although web surfing is very slow it is at
>least consistent.

See the 2 replies to your identical post.