Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Yahoo messenger displays IDs in a strange way!

Yahoo messenger displays IDs in a strange way!

mansoorm

Hi there,
I've installed latest version of yahoo messenger from the web. Now, it
does not displays my friends IDs correctly and instead of the
nicknames it displays strings like AAAAAC_AACAA , AAACI

My friends names are in Arabic alphabet.

Any comments?

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

"mansoorm" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi there,
>I've installed latest version of yahoo messenger from the web. Now, it
> does not displays my friends IDs correctly and instead of the
>nicknames it displays strings like AAAAAC_AACAA , AAACI
>
>My friends names are in Arabic alphabet.
>
>Any comments?

Work with the fonts.

--
1963 McDonalds Commercial Introducing Ronald McDonald
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViglRhgD_K4

Frosty

On 9 Dec 2006 04:56:39 -0800 in 24hoursupport.helpdesk a thought sat
on "mansoorm" <(E-Mail Removed)>'s chest like a vulture, I said
"Pluck It! And with the feather I'll tickle your throat and you can
throw it up to me" Said he "I shall" & thus puked:
>Hi there,
>I've installed latest version of yahoo messenger from the web. Now, it
> does not displays my friends IDs correctly and instead of the
>nicknames it displays strings like AAAAAC_AACAA , AAACI
>
>My friends names are in Arabic alphabet.
>
>Any comments?

Get friends whose names aren't Arabic?

mansoorm

I've tried multiple fonts but none of them solves the problem

Gary G. Taylor

On Sat, 09 Dec 2006 04:56:39 -0800, mansoorm wrote:

> Hi there,
> I've installed latest version of yahoo messenger from the web. Now, it
> does not displays my friends IDs correctly and instead of the
> nicknames it displays strings like AAAAAC_AACAA , AAACI
>
> My friends names are in Arabic alphabet.
>
> Any comments

It isn't the fonts but, rather, the character set you need to play with.
Unfortunately I don't run Winderz s I cant advise you beyond that.
--
Gary G. Taylor * Pomona, CA * 34.074630N 117.754195W
knotgary at knotdonavan dot org http : // www.donavan.org