Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > IPconfig flashes off when selected to run

IPconfig flashes off when selected to run

=?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXNH?=

When I try to run IPconfig using Run suddenly it (the DOS window) flashes on
momentarily only and then disappears without giving me chance toread anything.

Has anyone come accross this?

Worked a week or so ago.

Adam Membrey

That's because it's a command prompt utility.

If you want to use it you firstly need to open a command prompt using the
following steps:

-Click on Start
-Click on Run
-Type cmd and press enter

Now you can type ipconfig without it all disappearing

"ChrisG" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> When I try to run IPconfig using Run suddenly it (the DOS window) flashes
> on
> momentarily only and then disappears without giving me chance toread
> anything.
>
> Has anyone come accross this?
>
> Worked a week or so ago.

Pavel A.

Probably it worked a week ago on another computer, with win98.
Now you're using XP.

--PA