Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Can't connect my lap top to internet...

Can't connect my lap top to internet...

Richard L.

I have a broad band connection in the house but have problems connecting my
lap top to the net work. I have installed the wireless PC card correctly and
entered the network key supplied by the provider but can't simply connect.

Who can help me out?

Richard.

Evan Platt

On Thu, 7 Dec 2006 16:11:17 +0100, "Richard L." <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>I have a broad band connection in the house but have problems connecting my
>lap top to the net work. I have installed the wireless PC card correctly and
>entered the network key supplied by the provider but can't simply connect.
>
>Who can help me out?

Is the laptop a mac? Windows? What o/s?

What is the wireless router? What happens when you try and connect?

Meat Plow

On Thu, 07 Dec 2006 16:11:17 +0100, Richard L. Has Frothed:

> I have a broad band connection in the house but have problems connecting my
> lap top to the net work. I have installed the wireless PC card correctly and
> entered the network key supplied by the provider but can't simply connect.
>
> Who can help me out?

The person who set up the wireless access point.

COOSN-266-06-25794

Elinor Bahiti

What do you mean wireless PC card, maybe PCMCIA card or do you have a
desktop PC and you installed a wireless NIC on the desktop PC? Do you have a
wireless router? The network key is not provided by the "provider" but is
made up by you when you set up wireless security on the WAP which wuld be
the wireless router and then when you fire up your laptop and it sees the
router it will ask you to enter a network key and then you supply that same
key.
news:45782f15$0$752$(E-Mail Removed)...