Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > unable to ping...

unable to ping...

Joe O'Connor

This is a wierd one. I am having the same problem with Win 2003 Trial
version. I can ping the server from the Win XP machine, but cannot ping the
XP PC from the server. Telnet works though. I have a Broadcom 10/100 NIC and
am using the XP drivers for this. I have uninstalled and reinstalled them
already. No joy...

Wierd.

"Aj" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:0af501c3bf09$f3164640$(E-Mail Removed)...
> i just got it running... a friend of mine came... killed
> some time on console... uninstalled nic card on server...
> added.. as new hardware... and... whoop... is though... i
> can ping. Thanks Andrew... a lot!!! you have significantly
> helped me.
> i have been able to learn.. why peole have approch of
> reinstalling...

Andrew Lomakin

this IS firewall in this case:
the thing that lets some packets through and blocks other

news:#(E-Mail Removed)...