Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > reading files names

reading files names

anthonyJ

I have about 8000 jpegs and tiffs saved on about 60 folders on a hard
drive. How can I get the names of all the files and directories ALL listed
out oneeasy to read file?

lee houston

"anthonyJ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have about 8000 jpegs and tiffs saved on about 60 folders on a hard
>drive. How can I get the names of all the files and directories ALL
>listed out oneeasy to read file?

go to google.com and enter: file+listing+utility

thanatoid

"anthonyJ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> I have about 8000 jpegs and tiffs saved on about 60
> folders on a hard drive. How can I get the names of all
> the files and directories ALL listed out oneeasy to read
> file?

www.ghisler.com

Donald Lessau

"anthonyJ" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have about 8000 jpegs and tiffs saved on about 60 folders on a hard
>drive. How can I get the names of all the files and directories ALL
>listed out oneeasy to read file?

XYplorer file manager: check out the "Report" functions.

http://www.xyplorer.com/

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

http://www.karenware.com/powertools/ptdirprn.asp

--
http://www.mrandmrswheatley.co.uk/cunningstunt.html

Null

anthonyJ wrote:
> I have about 8000 jpegs and tiffs saved on about 60 folders on a hard
> drive. How can I get the names of all the files and directories ALL listed
> out oneeasy to read file?

If you photos are in a directory c:\photos from the command prompt enter

dir /s/b c:\photos\*.* >listing.txt