Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Help setting up 6520 for wireless Sympatico connection.

Help setting up 6520 for wireless Sympatico connection.

lukus2005@gmail.com

I couldn't find any step-by-step instructions on Sympatico's website to
do this.

I want to setup my Speedstream 6520 so i can connect with my laptop. I
currently have 2 desktops connected to it fine. My laptop either
doesn't see the router or sometimes sees it but it has a red X beside
it and it can't connect to it. I can, however, see the neighbor's
network and can connect to it fine.

I created a WEP key and tried to enter it in my laptop but not sure
about any other settings i might need to select. BTW, do i need to
enter the colon when i enter the WEP key?

So if anyone can provide me with a link to Sympatico that would give me
all the info i need to do this manually ... or do i have to use their
CD to set it all up?

TIA