Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Everybody has gone:

Everybody has gone:

Jan Ras

I am re-posting this message as the first one dissapeared into the blue.

New computer, xp, plenty of memory, and I still use Outlook Express to read
newsgroup mail.
Up until 11 November everybody was faithfully represented in the "sender"
column of my trusty Outlook Express, after that date there is no sender,
everything else is there, date sent, size and subject are all occupied, only
the senders are missing, does anybody know where they went?
I have looked at all the various settings but I am obviously missing
something, (psychological blindness?), assistance would be greatly
appreciated to refill this desolately empty column, the what is there but
it's nice to have the who to go with it .
Ta muchly.
JR

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Jan Ras wrote:

> I am re-posting this message as the first one dissapeared into the blue.

It is still there, posted a mere 13 minutes before this one. And now,
eleven minutes later, I am responding to this.

This is not a chat room. This is a planet-wide Usenet newsgroup, and you
may not receive a reply for hours.

> New computer, xp, plenty of memory, and I still use Outlook Express to
> read newsgroup mail.
> Up until 11 November everybody was faithfully represented in the
> "sender" column of my trusty Outlook Express, after that date there
> is no sender, everything else is there, date sent, size and subject
> are all occupied, only the senders are missing, does anybody know
> where they went? I have looked at all the various settings but I am
> obviously missing something, (psychological blindness?), assistance
> would be greatly appreciated to refill this desolately empty column,
> the what is there but it's nice to have the who to go with it .

From what I can determine from your somewhat muddled post, is you no
longer see the *Sender* column in OE. Is this correct?

If this is correct, select the mail folder you want to change, then go
to the menu View > Columns... and pick the ones you want to show. If
this is your Inbox, "Sender" would be the FROM column.

--
-bts

Mike Easter

Jan Ras wrote:
> I am re-posting this message as the first one dissapeared into the
> blue.

I can see it.

news:9da1d$45646de6$d4534b9c$(E-Mail Removed)

> Up until 11 November everybody was faithfully represented in the
> "sender" column of my trusty Outlook Express,

In the English version of OE, there is no such column as 'Sender'.
There is a 'From' column, depending upon your configuration, unless you
configure to not show it; or unless your column width distribution is
distributed so that the From column isn't visible because of the
limitations of the window width.

> after that date there
> is no sender, everything else is there, date sent, size and subject
> are all occupied, only the senders are missing, does anybody know
> where they went?

Do you mean that the column is visible and that the value for the From
is missing just for the dates after Nov 11 or something else?

Do you mean the From of your Sent folder or do you mean the From of some
other folder?

If you mean the From of your Sent folder, then you referring to your own
From. If you are referring to your own From, are you referring to the
From of your mail account or from your news account.

--
Mike Easter