Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Some shareware has a time limit and the software will not work after the time limit has expired.

Some shareware has a time limit and the software will not work after the time limit has expired.

anthony crowder

Some shareware has a time limit and the software will not work after the
time limit has expired. . is there a program to completely remove every
single part of this to allow a new install again
thanks

beenthere

"anthony crowder" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsXX8h.22647$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Some shareware has a time limit and the software will not work after the
> time limit has expired. . is there a program to completely remove every
> single part of this to allow a new install again
> thanks

CCleaner will remove redundant entries from the Registry.
And clean up a lot of other cr*p.
Untick Everything. Then re-tick what you need !
The Registry control is under Issues.
http://www.ccleaner.com/download/

bw..OJ

Mara

On Wed, 22 Nov 2006 13:06:37 GMT, "anthony crowder" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Some shareware has a time limit and the software will not work after the
>time limit has expired. . is there a program to completely remove every
>single part of this to allow a new install again
>thanks

If you'd pay for the program like you're supposed to, you wouldn't have that
problem.

--
A luser is someone who returns a perfectly good hammer to the hardware
store saying "There's something wrong with it. *I keep hitting my

old man

Sure, its called a wallet

steve@tropheus.demon.co.uk

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Some shareware has a time limit and the software will not work after the
>time limit has expired. . is there a program to completely remove every
>single part of this to allow a new install again
>thanks

It depends how well the author has hidden the counts. I don't bother
trying to hide anything because I'm not that interested in selling to
people who want to rip me off!

http://www.easynn.com

Alasdair

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Some shareware has a time limit and the software will not work after the
>time limit has expired. . is there a program to completely remove every
>single part of this to allow a new install again
>thanks

You can get a program called Datecrack which sets the date and time on
your computer to anything you want just before accessing the time
limited software.

--
Alasdair.

steve@tropheus.demon.co.uk

On Wed, 22 Nov 2006 14:46:46 +0000, Alasdair <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>On Wed, 22 Nov 2006 13:06:37 GMT, "anthony crowder"
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Some shareware has a time limit and the software will not work after the
>>time limit has expired. . is there a program to completely remove every
>>single part of this to allow a new install again
>>thanks

>You can get a program called Datecrack which sets the date and time on
>your computer to anything you want just before accessing the time
>limited software.

It doesn't work with applications that actually use or need the real
time. In fact, it often screws them up completely and some authors use
very unnerving suicide routines. As I said before, I don't bother with
any protection and date hiding because I don't want customers who try
to rip me off.

http://www.easynn.com

thanatoid

news:(E-Mail Removed):

> On Wed, 22 Nov 2006 13:06:37 GMT, "anthony crowder"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Some shareware has a time limit and the software will not
>>work after the time limit has expired. . is there a program
>>to completely remove every single part of this to allow a
>>new install again thanks
>>

> It depends how well the author has hidden the counts. I
> don't bother trying to hide anything because I'm not that
> interested in selling to people who want to rip me off!

With all due respect, I don't understand your logic. You are
saying if people are jerks, you don't mind if they steal from
you, aren't you?

thanatoid

"anthony crowder" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
newsXX8h.22647$(E-Mail Removed):

> Some shareware has a time limit and the software will not
> work after the time limit has expired. . is there a program
> to completely remove every single part of this to allow a
> new install again thanks

Yes, it's called a credit card.

If you use shareware regularly, you should pay for it. I have
paid for software which was forever 100% operational and didn't
even have a nag screen but was spectacularly useful.

OTOH, if I only use a shareware program once a year or less, I
see no point in paying for it.

Obviously, you use this particular software a lot. Don't be an
asshole and support the author. If not for people like him/her,
we'd all have to use MS **** for everything, and would not be
able to do many things AT ALL since you still can't print a
directory contents from Windows, among hundreds of other things.

(You know who you are: WINDOWS, not DOS "window", not command
line, not custom written batch file, WINDOWS).

Alasdair

On Wed, 22 Nov 2006 15:55:24 +0000, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>It doesn't work with applications that actually use or need the real
>time. In fact, it often screws them up completely and some authors use
>very unnerving suicide routines. As I said before, I don't bother with
>any protection and date hiding because I don't want customers who try
>to rip me off.

I use Datecrack to access old BT phone directories on CD. The CD
expires after about 15 months and cannot (officially) be accessed. I
see nothing morally wrong with that as I paid for the CD and renewed
it after a year. Why should I not be able to access the old CDs?

Had I bought the directory in paper form, I could use it for ever. Why
should it be any different for a CD?

--
Alasdair.