Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Problem after setting monitors in portrait mode

Problem after setting monitors in portrait mode

dw5f7qz4@googlemail.com

I have a three 19" monitor setup (all same model) ran by two PCI-E
graphics cards (both same manufacturer/model).

I used nVidia's control panel to rotate the left and right monitors to
portrait mode (so they were running in 1024x1280 instead of 1280x1024)
and kept the middle monitor in landscape mode, similar to this but
physical setup:
http://www.realtimesoft.com/multimon...false&mon=desc

But the fonts on the left and right monitors don't look sharp like they
did with landscape 1280x1024 mode, is that normal? Anything I can do to
minimize the problem?

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

>I have a three 19" monitor setup (all same model) ran by two PCI-E
>graphics cards (both same manufacturer/model).
>
>I used nVidia's control panel to rotate the left and right monitors to
>portrait mode (so they were running in 1024x1280 instead of 1280x1024)
>and kept the middle monitor in landscape mode, similar to this but
>physical setup:
>http://www.realtimesoft.com/multimon...false&mon=desc
>
>But the fonts on the left and right monitors don't look sharp like they
>did with landscape 1280x1024 mode, is that normal? Anything I can do to
>minimize the problem?

XP, use Cleartype Fonts
http://thesource.ofallevil.com/typog...ner/Step1.aspx
http://www.microsoft.com/typography/ClearTypeInfo.mspx

--
Fallen Art
http://youtube.com/watch?v=4yQhXBeabUE

dw5f7qz4@googlemail.com

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> XP, use Cleartype Fonts
> http://thesource.ofallevil.com/typog...ner/Step1.aspx
> http://www.microsoft.com/typography/ClearTypeInfo.mspx

I know about ClearType, it's on but the fonts still look odd and non
sharp. It's as if its not running in its native resolution(running a
19" in 800x600 for example), but I thought 1280x1024 would be the same
as 1024x1280 as its the same number of pixels? (I don't know much about
this subject)