Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Wireless Extenders

Wireless Extenders

DZN

Anyone have any experience with mobile phone antenna extenders/repeaters? I
live in an area that has poor cellphone coverage and am considering buying
one of these but the cost and the cost of installation make me hesitant
unless I know they work.

Meat Plow

On Tue, 21 Nov 2006 11:58:36 +0000, DZN Has Frothed:

> Anyone have any experience with mobile phone antenna extenders/repeaters? I
> live in an area that has poor cellphone coverage and am considering buying
> one of these but the cost and the cost of installation make me hesitant
> unless I know they work.

They work if you want to spend that kind of money.

COOSN-266-06-25794

richard

"DZN" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:MRB8h.86439$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Anyone have any experience with mobile phone antenna extenders/repeaters?
> I live in an area that has poor cellphone coverage and am considering
> buying one of these but the cost and the cost of installation make me
> hesitant unless I know they work.

An amplifier is probably your better choice. To install a repeater would
require all kinds of licensing not only from the FCC, but the service
provider as well.
External antennas will help acquire a signal when in a fringe area.

JohnD

Cellphone amplifiers, extenders and repeaters are terms use
interchangably, but usually refer to bi-directional amplifiers. Unti
recently, there were few choices for the home user. There are a fe
new products available now that are more affordablea and can b
self-installed. One I found that works well is by a company Wi-Ex (i
must be short for Wireless Extenders). I found it on the Internet an
bought one to help my indoor reception at home. It works very wel
with my T-Mobile phone and was easy to install. By the way, it help
both my voice and data calls. The cell companies fail to point ou
that their high speed data cards slow down to a crawl with wea
signals. I can recommend this one

--
John
JohnD's Profile: http://www.futurehardware.in/member.php?userid=24

Future Hardware - http://www.futurehardware.i

Wireless Xbox 360+Media Center PC and 2 Xbox extenders =?Utf-8?B?anVsaWVfYmFrZXJAaG90bWFpbC5jb20=?= Wireless Networking 0 02-19-2007 08:32 PM
Range extenders for network? Paul & Leni Wireless Networking 3 10-11-2005 09:52 AM
Lists: XQuery engines, JDBC and ODBC drivers, OLE DB and .NET providers, DB2 extenders Ken North XML 0 04-17-2004 09:26 PM
802.11b/g extenders Brian Bergin Cisco 7 01-21-2004 12:46 PM
Diff. between Close-up Filters(diopters) and Telephoto Extenders bhaskar Digital Photography 1 08-04-2003 10:04 PM

Advertisments