Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > dhcp and subnets

dhcp and subnets

aldric90

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa h...
i'm getting crazy...

dhcp dhcp dhcp dhcp....

i don't understand...

let's think about a small little tiny case:

i'have got a network separated in 3 subnets, with routers
bootp compliant etc etc etc...
in the middle subnet, i'have got an itsy bitsy dhcp, with
3 scopes, one for each subnet.
because i'm a kind lovely man, i'm worrying about my
beloved client stations, and i want to set them an
automated gateway definition in the dhcp.
so, with a lot of cautiousness and a bit holyness, i
configure my routers with the right ip and the correct
route tables. such a great man am i...

BUT NOW! HOW CAN I KNOW WHICH SCOPE WILL BE GIVEN TO EACH
SUBNET??????
HOW CAN I BE SURE THAT THE DHCP WON'T GIVE AN ADRESS OF
THE SCOPE N# 1 TO THE SUBNET N# 3??????????????

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP...

Plain Jane@nospam.com

Have you ever try the link learntosubnet.com?

http://www.learntosubnet.com/

It is real simple, not complicate at all!

Bigmaggot

Don't think learn to subnet will work.

The DHCP can recognise where the request came from and will dish out the
appropraite IP address/scope settings. Must be in here somewhere:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/tre...t2/tcpch04.asp

Andy

"Plain http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:001301c3bc71$40475990$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Have you ever try the link learntosubnet.com?
>
> http://www.learntosubnet.com/
>
> It is real simple, not complicate at all!

Rowdy Yates

read up on routers & how routing works. if you lack book, goto

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/index.html

"aldric90" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:008501c3bc1e$e857ba10
$(E-Mail Removed):

Ali

take it easy pal... it was confusing to me too... (maybe it still is). using
User Class ID's might help.