Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Comparing CPU's

Comparing CPU's

user

Could somebody tell me which of these two CPU's is the faster, or the more
powerful

Mobile Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4CPU 3.06GHz
or
Intel(R) Core Duo Processor T2050

Thank you for any replies.

Ron

"user" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:8vp8h.24987$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Could somebody tell me which of these two CPU's is the faster, or the more
> powerful
>
> Mobile Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4CPU 3.06GHz
> or
> Intel(R) Core Duo Processor T2050
>
> Thank you for any replies.

With normal software the Pentium. With software written for using with a
dual core processor then it's the T2050.
It really depends what you need it for. Remember how dual processor boards
never took off a few years back? We are seeing the same thing happen again.

Donald

"user" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:8vp8h.24987$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Could somebody tell me which of these two CPU's is the faster, or the more
> powerful
>
> Mobile Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4CPU 3.06GHz
> or
> Intel(R) Core Duo Processor T2050
>
> Thank you for any replies.

Intel(R) Core Duo 2 QX6700 is the cat daddy
http://www.hothardware.com/viewartic...?articleid=897

Plato

user wrote:

> Could somebody tell me which of these two CPU's is the faster, or the more
> powerful
>
> Mobile Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4CPU 3.06GHz
> or
> Intel(R) Core Duo Processor T2050

Depends on what you will use it for.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

user

"Plato" <|@|.|> wrote in message
news:45651b59$1$424$(E-Mail Removed)...
> user wrote:
>>
>> Could somebody tell me which of these two CPU's is the faster, or the
>> more
>> powerful
>>
>> Mobile Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4CPU 3.06GHz
>> or
>> Intel(R) Core Duo Processor T2050

> Depends on what you will use it for.

Does the speed alter, depending on which progs you use??

Margolotta

On Mon, 20 Nov 2006 22:20:05 +0000, Ron wrote
(in article <45622a25$(E-Mail Removed)>):

> "user" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:8vp8h.24987$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Could somebody tell me which of these two CPU's is the faster, or the more
>> powerful
>>
>> Mobile Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4CPU 3.06GHz
>> or
>> Intel(R) Core Duo Processor T2050
>>
>> Thank you for any replies.
>>

> With normal software the Pentium. With software written for using with a
> dual core processor then it's the T2050.
> It really depends what you need it for. Remember how dual processor boards
> never took off a few years back? We are seeing the same thing happen again.

Er, no, we're not. Apple's been producing dual-processor systems for at least
3 years and the final PPC system had FOUR CPUs. Now the latest Macs are all
dual processor and the Mac Pros are quad core (2x2 dual core CPUs). There are
rumours that Apple will have octo-core systems out by the middle of next year
(4x2 dual core CPUs using Intel's Clovertown processors).

Get your facts straight before posting. Dual processor PCs might be dead, but
PeeCees aren't the only systems in existence.