Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Why System32 folder?

Why System32 folder?

Alasdair

I put a second user on to my PC running Windows XP. When the User 2
fires up her computer, Windows Explorer with the System 32 folder open
comes up instead of the regular desktop. Any suggestions, anyone?

--
Alasdair.

Meat Plow

On Mon, 20 Nov 2006 11:44:37 +0000, Alasdair Has Frothed:

> I put a second user on to my PC running Windows XP. When the User 2
> fires up her computer, Windows Explorer with the System 32 folder open
> comes up instead of the regular desktop. Any suggestions, anyone?

Delete the use and recreate it.

COOSN-266-06-25794

Fred

"Alasdair" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I put a second user on to my PC running Windows XP. When the User 2
> fires up her computer, Windows Explorer with the System 32 folder open
> comes up instead of the regular desktop. Any suggestions, anyone?

Try http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=170086

Plato

http://www.bootdisk.com/xptop20.htm#7

--