Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > DVD on my PC

DVD on my PC

Yaz

How can I watch a DVD on my PC?

I would like to watch a DVD on my PC. I have a DVD built-in my PC. I have
Windows Media Player but does not recognise the DVD Files. I have the
following files on the DVD :

..VRO
..BUP
..IFO

Please help me as I would really like to play this on my PC and then would
like to convert to MPEG.

Yaz

Bucky Breeder

"Yaz" posted this esurient inquiry in
news:6O48h.11807$(E-Mail Removed):

> How can I watch a DVD on my PC?
>
> I would like to watch a DVD on my PC. I have a DVD built-in my PC. I
> have Windows Media Player but does not recognise the DVD Files. I have
> the following files on the DVD :
>
> .VRO
> .BUP
> .IFO
>
> Please help me as I would really like to play this on my PC and then
> would like to convert to MPEG.
>
> Yaz

You need DVD player software, here's a free one:

http://www.cliprex.com/

Let's get a DVD playing before we convert to MPEG...

--

If you ever teach a yodeling class,
probably the hardest thing to do

You see, we build up to that.

PeeCee

"Bucky Breeder" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:Xns9880AA359F08CWiZEERD@216.151.153.13...
> "Yaz" posted this esurient inquiry in
> news:6O48h.11807$(E-Mail Removed):
>>
>> How can I watch a DVD on my PC?
>>
>> I would like to watch a DVD on my PC. I have a DVD built-in my PC. I
>> have Windows Media Player but does not recognise the DVD Files. I have
>> the following files on the DVD :
>>
>> .VRO
>> .BUP
>> .IFO
>>
>> Please help me as I would really like to play this on my PC and then
>> would like to convert to MPEG.
>>
>> Yaz

> You need DVD player software, here's a free one:
>
> http://www.cliprex.com/
>
> Let's get a DVD playing before we convert to MPEG...
>
> --
>
> If you ever teach a yodeling class,
> probably the hardest thing to do
> is to keep the students from just
> trying to yodel - right off.
>
> You see, we build up to that.

Bucky (& Yaz)

Be carefull with Cliprex, last time I tried installing it it came with a
whole lot of spyware!
It does work as a DVD player but be prepared to spend some time cleaning
your system out.

Yaz
Have a good look through the CD's that came with your PC or DVD drive there
is usually a DVD player of some sort, 'Cyberlink Power DVD' is most common.

Paul.

Decode DVD

"Yaz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:6O48h.11807$(E-Mail Removed)...
> How can I watch a DVD on my PC?
>
> I would like to watch a DVD on my PC. I have a DVD built-in my PC. I
> have Windows Media Player but does not recognise the DVD Files. I have the
> following files on the DVD :
>
> .VRO
> .BUP
> .IFO
>
> Please help me as I would really like to play this on my PC and then would
> like to convert to MPEG.
>
> Yaz

To watch DVD's via any media player requires that a decoder
is installed. This is usually via cyberlink powerDVD or WinDVD
software which are usually preinstalled.
Go here and check your installed decoders:

You can download and install a DVD decoder from this MS download site:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...r/plugins.aspx

Jeepers Creepers

"Bucky Breeder" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:Xns9880AA359F08CWiZEERD@216.151.153.13...
> "Yaz" posted this esurient inquiry in
> news:6O48h.11807$(E-Mail Removed):
>>
>> How can I watch a DVD on my PC?
>>
>> I would like to watch a DVD on my PC. I have a DVD built-in my PC. I
>> have Windows Media Player but does not recognise the DVD Files. I have
>> the following files on the DVD :
>>
>> .VRO
>> .BUP
>> .IFO
>>
>> Please help me as I would really like to play this on my PC and then
>> would like to convert to MPEG.
>>
>> Yaz

> You need DVD player software, here's a free one:
>
> http://www.cliprex.com/
>
> Let's get a DVD playing before we convert to MPEG...
>
> --

On the same site, you can download just codecs for free, which let Media
Player play DVDs.
http://www.cliprex.com/free_dvd_vide...desc,DESC.html
Download the Fraunhofer codecs.

-Jeepers Creepers

Bucky Breeder

"PeeCee" responded in
news:ejrcgp$pj8$(E-Mail Removed):

> Bucky (& Yaz)
>
> Be carefull with Cliprex, last time I tried installing it it came with a
> whole lot of spyware!
> It does work as a DVD player but be prepared to spend some time cleaning
> your system out.
>
> Yaz
> Have a good look through the CD's that came with your PC or DVD drive
> there is usually a DVD player of some sort, 'Cyberlink Power DVD' is
> most common.
>
> Paul.

Thanks for the heads-up! I'd have used Ad-Watch, and I also download to a
very specific folder (on a FAT32 data partition in XP Pro) where
*everything* gets scanned and examined before it gets dispositioned.

(^8 Good call, and contructive information.

Usually when Cyberlink, or Intervideo is bundled in an OEM system roll-out
it is already associated with the DVD player... So I think the OP may still
need a DVD software player. Any leads on [safe] free ones that pass your
standards?

Best regards.

--

If you're out hiking and your friend gets bitten by a poisonous snake,
tell him you're going to go for help! Then go about 10 feet, out of sight,

A lot of guys will just start crying, "... but I don't want to die now."
That's why it makes you feel good when you tell them it was only a joke -
but he's still always going to be the big sissy cry-baby to everybody else.

Bucky Breeder

"Bucky Breeder" addends his previous, here
in news:Xns9880AA359F08CWiZEERD@216.151.153.13:

> "Yaz" posted this esurient inquiry in
> news:6O48h.11807$(E-Mail Removed):
>>
>> How can I watch a DVD on my PC?
>>
>> I would like to watch a DVD on my PC. I have a DVD built-in my PC. I
>> have Windows Media Player but does not recognise the DVD Files. I have
>> the following files on the DVD :
>>
>> .VRO
>> .BUP
>> .IFO
>>
>> Please help me as I would really like to play this on my PC and then
>> would like to convert to MPEG.
>>
>> Yaz

> You need DVD player software, here's a free one:
>
> http://www.cliprex.com/
>
> Let's get a DVD playing before we convert to MPEG...

Another poster, who apparently wishes to remain anonymous, or be
the creator of a brave new world, opened another thread and posted
this in news:ejrcgp$pj8$(E-Mail Removed):

> Be carefull with Cliprex, last time I tried installing it it came with a
> whole lot of spyware!
> It does work as a DVD player but be prepared to spend some time cleaning
> your system out.
>
> Yaz
> Have a good look through the CD's that came with your PC or DVD drive
> there is usually a DVD player of some sort, 'Cyberlink Power DVD' is
> most common.
>
> Paul.

To which "Bucky" hath responded and doeth hereby respond
for the integrity of the subjet matter at hand in

[...]

Muse De Groops

<SNAPPLE>

> Yaz

Loved your first album,

Cheers

ProfGene

Yaz wrote:
> How can I watch a DVD on my PC?
>
> I would like to watch a DVD on my PC. I have a DVD built-in my PC. I have
> Windows Media Player but does not recognise the DVD Files. I have the
> following files on the DVD :
>
> .VRO
> .BUP
> .IFO
>
> Please help me as I would really like to play this on my PC and then would
> like to convert to MPEG.
>
> Yaz

You can download a free DivX player

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

Bucky Breeder <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Usually when Cyberlink, or Intervideo is bundled in an OEM system roll-out
>it is already associated with the DVD player... So I think the OP may still
>need a DVD software player. Any leads on [safe] free ones that pass your
>standards?

One that has a terms of service or EULA you can read, would be a good
start.
http://www.cliprex.com/ nada
Google: EULA site:www.cliprex.com/ nada
Google: terms of service site:www.cliprex.com/ nada