Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Linksys Wireless Router

Linksys Wireless Router

EvilDeus

I have a Linksys Wireless Router WRK54G

Need the HTTP address for the buit in menu system

TIA!

Meat Plow

On Sun, 19 Nov 2006 18:23:41 +0000, EvilDeus Has Frothed:

> I have a Linksys Wireless Router WRK54G
>
> Need the HTTP address for the buit in menu system
>

> TIA!

http://192.168.1.1

COOSN-266-06-25794

SJP

"EvilDeus" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Ni18h.3262$(E-Mail Removed) k...
>I have a Linksys Wireless Router WRK54G
>
> Need the HTTP address for the buit in menu system
>

> TIA!

192.168.1.1

SJP

"SJP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "EvilDeus" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:Ni18h.3262$(E-Mail Removed) k...
>>I have a Linksys Wireless Router WRK54G
>>
>> Need the HTTP address for the buit in menu system
>>

>> TIA!

http://192.168.1.1

A new window will appear and ask for a "User name" and "Password." Leave the
User name space blank, type in your router's password (admin is the default
password), then click OK.

EvilDeus

Thank you, and to further replies....

Evildeus!

"Meat Plow" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)-meatplow.local...
> On Sun, 19 Nov 2006 18:23:41 +0000, EvilDeus Has Frothed:
>
> > I have a Linksys Wireless Router WRK54G
> >
> > Need the HTTP address for the buit in menu system
> >

> > TIA!

> http://192.168.1.1

> COOSN-266-06-25794

why?

On Sun, 19 Nov 2006 18:23:41 GMT, EvilDeus wrote:

Another 1. Avoiding spam by using an address that isn't yours may be
okay if you have the owners permission.

Registrant:
Mosher, Shaun
ATTN: YOUR.NET
c/o Network Solutions
P.O. Box 447
Herndon, VA. 20172-0447
Domain Name: YOUR.NET

You ISP has notes on avoiding spam.
http://www.blueyonder.co.uk/blueyond...oting_howavoid

>I have a Linksys Wireless Router WRK54G

WRK seems not to be in the list for the Linksys UK site,
http://www-uk.linksys.com there is also what looked like 3 versions on
the US site..

>Need the HTTP address for the buit in menu system

That would be the address as factory delivered or after you or somone
else changed the settings?

RTFM.

If no M,

STFW

If still no luck, www.linksys.com try Support / Downloads.

Me

Fred Kasner

SJP wrote:
> "SJP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> "EvilDeus" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:Ni18h.3262$(E-Mail Removed) k...
>>> I have a Linksys Wireless Router WRK54G
>>>
>>> Need the HTTP address for the buit in menu system
>>>

>>> TIA!
>>>

> http://192.168.1.1
>
> A new window will appear and ask for a "User name" and "Password." Leave the
> User name space blank, type in your router's password (admin is the default
> password), then click OK.

My router (Netgear) has somewhat different settings to get to the
router's software. http://192.168.0.1 . Then it presents you with a page
that has as the default user name "admin". The password is something you
personally change. But before it was installed the default password was
abundantly clear. I suspect that Linksys has a very similar type of
setup to access the settings for the router.
FK

Meat Plow

On Mon, 20 Nov 2006 20:26:51 +0000, Fred Kasner Has Frothed:

> SJP wrote:
>> "SJP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> "EvilDeus" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:Ni18h.3262$(E-Mail Removed) k...

>> http://192.168.1.1
>>
>> A new window will appear and ask for a "User name" and "Password." Leave the
>> User name space blank, type in your router's password (admin is the default
>> password), then click OK.
>>

> My router (Netgear) has somewhat different settings to get to the
> router's software. http://192.168.0.1 . Then it presents you with a page
> that has as the default user name "admin". The password is something you
> personally change. But before it was installed the default password was
> abundantly clear. I suspect that Linksys has a very similar type of
> setup to access the settings for the router.

Nope it's exactly as SJP described it.

COOSN-266-06-25794

why?

On Mon, 20 Nov 2006 20:26:51 GMT, Fred Kasner wrote:

>SJP wrote:
>> "SJP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> "EvilDeus" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:Ni18h.3262$(E-Mail Removed) k...

>> http://192.168.1.1
>>
>> A new window will appear and ask for a "User name" and "Password." Leave the
>> User name space blank, type in your router's password (admin is the default
>> password), then click OK.
>>

>My router (Netgear) has somewhat different settings to get to the
>router's software. http://192.168.0.1 . Then it presents you with a page

Doesn't count it's different, that's Netgear, and Belkin is different
yet again 192.168.2.1. BT ADSL modem was something daft like home/ but
really 192.168.1.1

You will get to know the different defaults after a while.

Me