Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Expert Needed: Win XP install stopped, HD not recognized when reboot

Expert Needed: Win XP install stopped, HD not recognized when reboot

petitniv@gmail.com

Hi,

I formatted my drive to install XP Pro on a Dell Laptop, after the
formatting complete, Win XP installation tells you the computer will
reboot to continue installation with a red bar counting down 15
seconds...

Ok, well I shut down the computer instead of restarting and when I
start again the computer...nothing. The installation does not continue
as usual instead it stops after 5 seconds and shuts down. Blank screen,
no info.

The only solution I have is to format the HDD using an external USB
port and try to reinstall again.

If someone has a better idea please tell, I tried to continue the
install on another laptop but nothing.

Q2) Other problem, does someone know how to turn back on the BIOS start
where you have F2 Boot Menu F12 BIOS because I switch off that to gain
on start time but now I need to boot on a CD and I can't do that !

Many thanks, for info here is the laptop I used:

Dell Latitude D600
Windows XP Pro SP2
HDD Samsung 40 Gb less than 1 year old

Pierre