Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > New IE Freezes PC ?

New IE Freezes PC ?

Robert11

Hello:

Just installed the new IE version 7.
Guess it should really be called an update to the older version I already
had on.
Like Firefox better, but want to play with their new 3d virtual earth
mapping program.

Download and installation seemed to have gone just fine, although the
installations sure did
take a bit of time. Running XP.

I didn't appreciate it when I installed it, but apparently I installed a
"special" Yahoo IE version.

Anyway, after running about 5 to 10 minutes or so while using IE, the PC
totally freezes up.

Anyone else experience this ?

Should i un-install IE, and try to find a "basic", non-Yahoo, modified IE ?
(anyone know the link for ?)

Anything I should or could try ?

BTW: I also have Firefox installed, but it is not active when I use IE.

Any thoughts on this would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
Bob

x@y

"Robert11" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
> Hello:
>
> Just installed the new IE version 7.
> Guess it should really be called an update to the older version I already had
> on.
> Like Firefox better, but want to play with their new 3d virtual earth mapping
> program.
>
> Download and installation seemed to have gone just fine, although the
> installations sure did
> take a bit of time. Running XP.
>
> I didn't appreciate it when I installed it, but apparently I installed a
> "special" Yahoo IE version.
>
> Anyway, after running about 5 to 10 minutes or so while using IE, the PC
> totally freezes up.
>
> Anyone else experience this ?
>
> Should i un-install IE, and try to find a "basic", non-Yahoo, modified IE ?
> (anyone know the link for ?)
>
> Anything I should or could try ?
>
> BTW: I also have Firefox installed, but it is not active when I use IE.
>
> Any thoughts on this would be most appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Bob

Hello Bob,

See if you find a better deal here: http://tinyurl.com/ydht84

Good Luck, x@y

Bucky Breeder

"Robert11" pole-smoked this prattle in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Hello:
>
> Just installed the new IE version 7. Guess it should really
> be called an update to the older version I already had on.
>
> Like Firefox better, but want to play with their new
> 3d virtual earth mapping program.
>
> Download and installation seemed to have gone just fine,
> although the installations sure did take a bit of time.
> Running XP.
>
> I didn't appreciate it when I installed it,
> but apparently I installed a "special" Yahoo IE version.
>
> Anyway, after running about 5 to 10 minutes or so while
> using IE, the PC totally freezes up.
>
> Anyone else experience this ?
>
> Should i un-install IE, and try to find a "basic",
> non-Yahoo, modified IE ? (anyone know the link for ?)
>
> Anything I should or could try ?
>
> BTW: I also have Firefox installed,
> but it is not active when I use IE.
>
> Any thoughts on this would be most appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Bob

Ahh, the notorius virus-magnet, Yahoo IE7. I heard it "freezes
everything up." Nope, managed to avoid that one. <fingers-crossed>
<knocking-on-wood> <running hourly AV scans> <downgrading to telnet>

Thanks for the warning!

--

"Ambition" is like when a frog sits on a Venus Flytrap.

The flytrap keeps biting and biting, but it won't bother
anything because it only has little tiny plant teeth.

But some other stuff might happen, and then
it would be like "accidental ambition."

Meat Plow

On Wed, 15 Nov 2006 13:18:23 +0000, Bucky Breeder Has Frothed:

> Ahh, the notorius virus-magnet, Yahoo IE7

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!

COOSN-266-06-25794

x@y

"Robert11" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> Hello:
>
> Just installed the new IE version 7.
> Guess it should really be called an update to the older version I already
> had on.
> Like Firefox better, but want to play with their new 3d virtual earth
> mapping program.
>
> Download and installation seemed to have gone just fine, although the
> installations sure did
> take a bit of time. Running XP.
>
> I didn't appreciate it when I installed it, but apparently I installed a
> "special" Yahoo IE version.
>
> Anyway, after running about 5 to 10 minutes or so while using IE, the PC
> totally freezes up.
>
> Anyone else experience this ?
>
> Should i un-install IE, and try to find a "basic", non-Yahoo, modified IE ?
> (anyone know the link for ?)
>
> Anything I should or could try ?
>
> BTW: I also have Firefox installed, but it is not active when I use IE.
>
> Any thoughts on this would be most appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Bob

Hi Bob,

I have read that You can uninstall the Microsoft Version
of IE7, the one from Yahoo never read anything yet.

If You are running Windows XP, I would try System restore.

Also try the Microsoft Internet Explorer General News Group.

@ "microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general"
A Gold Mine of info.

Good Luck, x@y