Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > 70-210 vs 70-270

70-210 vs 70-270

Jafurulu

Do anyone know how 70-210 W2K Professional is compared to 70-270 Windows XP
exams? I signed up for 70-270 when I was told the 70-290 is not available
pt. Have taken the 70-210 some time ago.

.... as someone said in an earlier posting, why am I doing this ...?

Jan.F

MCSE World

They are, effectively, the same test but on different products. They are
interchangable, meaning that you can take credit for only one of them
towards your MCSE or MCSA requirement. If you've passed 70-210 already,
you're probably wasting your money on taking 70-270 unless you've got a
distinct (READ: paying) reason to take it.

Best,
Will
www.mcseworld.com

"Jafurulu" <(E-Mail Removed)-nett.no> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Do anyone know how 70-210 W2K Professional is compared to 70-270 Windows

XP
> exams? I signed up for 70-270 when I was told the 70-290 is not available
> pt. Have taken the 70-210 some time ago.
>
> ... as someone said in an earlier posting, why am I doing this ...?
>
> Jan.F

Jafurulu

MCSE World wrote:
>They are, effectively, the same test but on different products.

Yes, the questions is much the same, but there is more questions where you
need to know the syntax of command line programs. (e.g. convert, sfc,
sigverif, secedit, some disk admin tools and even the start command and it's
parameters and some programs I don't remember I have ever heard about)

> If you've passed 70-210 already, you're probably wasting your money on

taking 70-270 unless
> you've got a distinct (READ: paying) reason to take it.

Well, yes, I just wanted to know. And One Day in the future the Windows
2000 Professional will be retired and out-dated, and the XP test will still
be valid a year or two...

(BTW, I passed with score 725, it was the command line programs that nearly
kicked me down...)

Jan.F