Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > Bootcamp for professionals

Bootcamp for professionals

Win

Can anyone recommend a good MCSE bootcamp for experienced Windows pros ?

I did MCSE NT3.51 and 2000 and now just want to get away and grind out the
latest certs.

Thanks

Consultant

if you are a pro, why do you need a bootcamp?

"Win" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can anyone recommend a good MCSE bootcamp for experienced Windows pros ?
>
> I did MCSE NT3.51 and 2000 and now just want to get away and grind out the
> latest certs.
>
> Thanks

cadman

He didn't say he was a pro.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> if you are a pro, why do you need a bootcamp?
>
> "Win" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Can anyone recommend a good MCSE bootcamp for experienced Windows pros ?
> >
> > I did MCSE NT3.51 and 2000 and now just want to get away and grind out

the
> > latest certs.
> >
> > Thanks

=?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE_MCNGP?=

cadman wrote:
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> "Win" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Can anyone recommend a good MCSE bootcamp for experienced Windows
>>> pros ?
>>>
>>> I did MCSE NT3.51 and 2000 and now just want to get away and grind
>>> out the latest certs.

>> if you are a pro, why do you need a bootcamp?

> He didn't say he was a pro.

I dunno, cadman... I've read and re-read the OP several times. How can you
NOT get that the guy has stated he's a pro? Are you suggesting that he's
asking specifically for a bootcamp for pro's, yet even though he's already
NT and 2k certified, and he wants to "get away", he's not a pro? What does
he want to get away from, then? Family?

Perhaps he should have asked for a nice bootcamp for the unemployed?

--
Fris "Reading Comprehension 101" beeŽ MCNGP #13

http://www.mcngp.tk
The MCNGP Team - We're here to help

Marlin Munrow

The day's of "grinding out certs" at boot camps went out with the ark
(or even with NT4). Sure you can do a boot camp on 2003 and spend 3
weeks in the class room and pass the exams but guess what ?

You'll still need to put in over 100 hours in the lab running through
course material (home study) before passing a mock exam or two before
being allowed on the course in the first place so for "boot camp" read
home study and intense 3 week revision session.

Boot camps are no short cut to pass the exams you gotta know the stuff
and to know the stuff you gotta put in the hours at the screen.
Focussing for 3 weeks and getting the exams out of the way is the only
benefit but it may still take you 6 months to be ready for the course.

NT4 Boot camps really diluted the skills pool and hence Consultant's
comment. I take it that you are not expecting someone who knows the
material to sit the exam for you and that you really want to know this
stuff ?

A quality boot camp to focus you on the exams may be the perfect thing
for a busy professional but dont kid yourself you'll have to know the
suff and/or give up weekends and evenings like the rest of us to pass
the certs.

Which country are you in ?

On Thu, 4 Dec 2003 12:10:36 -0800, "Consultant"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>if you are a pro, why do you need a bootcamp?
>
>"Win" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Can anyone recommend a good MCSE bootcamp for experienced Windows pros ?
>>
>> I did MCSE NT3.51 and 2000 and now just want to get away and grind out the
>> latest certs.
>>
>> Thanks

cadman

I read it as he was looking rub with some pro's at a nice little bootcamp
getaway....

"FrisbeeŽ MCNGP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> cadman wrote:
> > "Consultant" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> "Win" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> >> if you are a pro, why do you need a bootcamp?

> > He didn't say he was a pro.

> I dunno, cadman... I've read and re-read the OP several times. How can

you
> NOT get that the guy has stated he's a pro? Are you suggesting that he's
> asking specifically for a bootcamp for pro's, yet even though he's already
> NT and 2k certified, and he wants to "get away", he's not a pro? What

does
> he want to get away from, then? Family?
>
> Perhaps he should have asked for a nice bootcamp for the unemployed?
>
> --
> Fris "Reading Comprehension 101" beeŽ MCNGP #13
>
> http://www.mcngp.tk
> The MCNGP Team - We're here to help

> Certaholics - We're here if you're beyond help

cadman

Excuse me, that was "grind", not rub. Hmmmm

"cadman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:uD%(E-Mail Removed)...
> I read it as he was looking rub with some pro's at a nice little bootcamp
> getaway....
>
> "FrisbeeŽ MCNGP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > cadman wrote:
> > > "Consultant" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> > > He didn't say he was a pro.

> > I dunno, cadman... I've read and re-read the OP several times. How can

> you
> > NOT get that the guy has stated he's a pro? Are you suggesting that

he's
> > asking specifically for a bootcamp for pro's, yet even though he's

already
> > NT and 2k certified, and he wants to "get away", he's not a pro? What

> does
> > he want to get away from, then? Family?
> >
> > Perhaps he should have asked for a nice bootcamp for the unemployed?
> >
> > --
> > Fris "Reading Comprehension 101" beeŽ MCNGP #13
> >
> > http://www.mcngp.tk
> > The MCNGP Team - We're here to help

> > Certaholics - We're here if you're beyond help

Consultant

well, you go rub with him then, lol

"cadman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:uD%(E-Mail Removed)...
> I read it as he was looking rub with some pro's at a nice little bootcamp
> getaway....
>
> "FrisbeeŽ MCNGP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > cadman wrote:
> > > "Consultant" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> > > He didn't say he was a pro.

> > I dunno, cadman... I've read and re-read the OP several times. How can

> you
> > NOT get that the guy has stated he's a pro? Are you suggesting that

he's
> > asking specifically for a bootcamp for pro's, yet even though he's

already
> > NT and 2k certified, and he wants to "get away", he's not a pro? What

> does
> > he want to get away from, then? Family?
> >
> > Perhaps he should have asked for a nice bootcamp for the unemployed?
> >
> > --
> > Fris "Reading Comprehension 101" beeŽ MCNGP #13
> >
> > http://www.mcngp.tk
> > The MCNGP Team - We're here to help

> > Certaholics - We're here if you're beyond help

cadman

From what I read about you, that sounds more like your area of expertise.

LOL to ya

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> well, you go rub with him then, lol
>
> "cadman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:uD%(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I read it as he was looking rub with some pro's at a nice little

bootcamp
> > getaway....
> >
> > "FrisbeeŽ MCNGP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...

message

> > > I dunno, cadman... I've read and re-read the OP several times. How

can
> > you
> > > NOT get that the guy has stated he's a pro? Are you suggesting that

> he's
> > > asking specifically for a bootcamp for pro's, yet even though he's

> already
> > > NT and 2k certified, and he wants to "get away", he's not a pro? What

> > does
> > > he want to get away from, then? Family?
> > >
> > > Perhaps he should have asked for a nice bootcamp for the unemployed?
> > >
> > > --
> > > Fris "Reading Comprehension 101" beeŽ MCNGP #13
> > >
> > > http://www.mcngp.tk
> > > The MCNGP Team - We're here to help

> > > Certaholics - We're here if you're beyond help

Consultant

only if it's with a female

"cadman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> From what I read about you, that sounds more like your area of expertise.
>
> LOL to ya

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > well, you go rub with him then, lol
> >
> > "cadman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:uD%(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > I read it as he was looking rub with some pro's at a nice little

> bootcamp
> > > getaway....
> > >
> > > "FrisbeeŽ MCNGP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> message

Windows

grind

> can
> > > you

> > he's

> > already

What
> > > does

CCIE bootcamp preparation jmarkotic Cisco 6 08-25-2008 07:59 AM
CCIE Voice Training (bootcamp) in Toronto, Canada iNetEnterprise Cisco 0 07-16-2005 03:21 PM
MCSD bootcamp Ute Microsoft Certification 1 02-24-2005 04:23 PM
CCIE R&S bootcamp. Piter Cisco 0 11-21-2004 10:48 AM
MCSE bootcamp silmiar to Military Bootcamp? MisterBootcamp MCSE 7 12-07-2003 01:44 AM

Advertisments