Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > How to stop Adobe trying to upgrade?

How to stop Adobe trying to upgrade?

BillJosephson

Hi, every time I open Adobe Acrobat, it tries to install the Atmosphere
upgrade. I have told it a million times not to do it. Pretty obnoxious.

How can I make Acrobat stop trying to upgrade with things I've already
rejected multiple times?

Thanks very much in advance...

beenthere

"BillJosephson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Hi, every time I open Adobe Acrobat, it tries to install the Atmosphere
> upgrade. I have told it a million times not to do it. Pretty obnoxious.
>
> How can I make Acrobat stop trying to upgrade with things I've already
> rejected multiple times?
>
> Thanks very much in advance...

If you only use it for reading PDF files, consider dumping it
in favour of Foxit reader.
http://www.download.com/Foxit-PDF-Re...-10313206.html

It `s small and fast. And it`s Free.
HTH.

why?

the x-post trimmed to 24hshd from
adobe.acrobat.windows,24hoursupport.helpdesk

On 11 Nov 2006 12:37:23 -0800, BillJosephson wrote:

>Hi, every time I open Adobe Acrobat, it tries to install the Atmosphere
>upgrade. I have told it a million times not to do it. Pretty obnoxious.

You haven't looked (very hard) at all? www.google.com , or the online
adobe support or even Edit / Preferences / Updates. Pick the obvious
choice.

That's for Adobe Reader 6.0 , it may be different for the version you
have, no point in trying to guess, it's easer to say - why didn't you
say what version you have?

Of course that's not helpful on it's own as you only mentioned Adobe
Acrobat, that's assumed you mean Adobe Acrobat <version> Standard and
not the Adobe Reader <version> or another product of a similar name.

>How can I make Acrobat stop trying to upgrade with things I've already
>rejected multiple times?
>
>Thanks very much in advance...

Me

BillJosephson

Just trying this again....

Acrobat keeps asking me every time I use it if I want to upgrade, and I
don't want those upgrades so I tell it every time no. How can I make it
stop?

Thanks in advance...

beenthere

"BillJosephson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Just trying this again....
>
> Acrobat keeps asking me every time I use it if I want to upgrade, and I
> don't want those upgrades so I tell it every time no. How can I make it
> stop?

If it`s Acrobat reader, I suggest you dump it, and get a copy of
Foxit Reader.
It knocks AR sideways.
http://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf/rea...own_reader.htm
HTH.
bw..OJ

Stace

"BillJosephson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Just trying this again....
>
> Acrobat keeps asking me every time I use it if I want to upgrade, and I
> don't want those upgrades so I tell it every time no. How can I make it
> stop?
>

> Thanks in advance...

Start Adobe Acrobat Reader. Select Edit, Preferences, click on Updates in
the left panel. Select the 'Do not automatically check for critical updates'
option and OK it.

HTH,
Stace.