Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > User Accounts and Limiting Wireless Access

User Accounts and Limiting Wireless Access

=?Utf-8?B?Rmx5bm5vcGw=?=

I'm giving my 5-year old laptop to my 13-year old son for school note taking
(he is currently using an alph-smart keyboard machine). The laptop has XP
Home. I have set up a user account for him but I can't figure out how to
disable the wireless capability. Any help would be most appreciated.

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
Laptop is a generic word there is hundreds of models out there.
What kind of Wireless hardware is in the Laptop?
Pre-installed? Look at the Laptop's manual.
Add-On card? Take the card out.
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"Flynnopl" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm giving my 5-year old laptop to my 13-year old son for school note
> taking
> (he is currently using an alph-smart keyboard machine). The laptop has XP
> Home. I have set up a user account for him but I can't figure out how to
> disable the wireless capability. Any help would be most appreciated.

=?Utf-8?B?UGF2ZWwgQS4=?=

"Flynnopl" wrote:
> I'm giving my 5-year old laptop to my 13-year old son for school note taking
> (he is currently using an alph-smart keyboard machine). The laptop has XP
> Home. I have set up a user account for him but I can't figure out how to
> disable the wireless capability. Any help would be most appreciated.

Have you looked in the BIOS?

--PA