Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > re installation Win HDD

re installation Win HDD

Terry

after suffering a HHD failure and someone installing a replacement I am left
with re-installing all other software.
In device manager a yellow Question mark indicates problems with Video /Raid
/ USB controllers
Where can I get these or correct this problem
Thank you for any help

Meat Plow

On Thu, 09 Nov 2006 23:09:31 +0000, Terry Has Frothed:

> after suffering a HHD failure and someone installing a replacement I am
> left with re-installing all other software. In device manager a yellow
> Question mark indicates problems with Video /Raid / USB controllers
> Where can I get these or correct this problem Thank you for any help

Install the mainboard chipset drivers

COOSN-266-06-25794

why?

On Thu, 09 Nov 2006 23:09:31 GMT, Terry wrote:

Try this first, it does help to avoid SPAM.
http://www.blueyonder.co.uk/blueyond...oting_howavoid

>after suffering a HHD failure and someone installing a replacement I am left
>with re-installing all other software.
>In device manager a yellow Question mark indicates problems with Video /Raid
>/ USB controllers

At least you mentioned the OS, Win however is it 2.0 , 3.1, 3.11, 95,
98, Me, NT3.50, NT3.51, NT4.0, 2000, XP Home, XP Pro or any of the
server versions

>Where can I get these or correct this problem
>Thank you for any help

This looks bad, it's spread from NTL to BY, wonder what going to happen
when NTL Telewest is rebranded to Virgin Media.

Anyway going on the distinct lack of any details.

The only answer that can help is you find out what model / make /
revision of motherboard you have is. Then visit the help / support /
download page of the website for the manufacturer of the motherboard and
get the drivers from there.

If the video isn't integrated into the mobo, then as above for the video
card vendor drivers.

If you have only 1 hardisk then you don't need the RAID drivers, *don't*
do this but the RAID controller in that case should most likely be
disabled in the BIOS settings.

Me

why?

On Thu, 09 Nov 2006 23:09:31 GMT, Terry wrote:

Don't start the subject of a new thread with re - and pick a better
subject.