Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > any reason to save old PC program manuals?

any reason to save old PC program manuals?

WCH

Cleaning house. Have lots of old manuals for programs long gone from
companies like Quarterdeck, Delrina, Broderbund, Dynamix and Sierra as
well as manuals for products and product versions from companies still
around but long since outdated. All Windows or DOS programs. These all
go to the landfill unless there's some beneficial alternative. Is there?
WC

beenthere

"WCH" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
> Cleaning house. Have lots of old manuals for programs long gone from
> companies like Quarterdeck, Delrina, Broderbund, Dynamix and Sierra as
> well as manuals for products and product versions from companies still
> around but long since outdated. All Windows or DOS programs. These all go
> to the landfill unless there's some beneficial alternative. Is there?
> WC

I bet someone on E-bay wants them.

kenmendo@yahoo.com.au

WCH wrote:
> Cleaning house. Have lots of old manuals for programs long gone from
> companies like Quarterdeck, Delrina, Broderbund, Dynamix and Sierra as
> well as manuals for products and product versions from companies still
> around but long since outdated. All Windows or DOS programs. These all
> go to the landfill unless there's some beneficial alternative. Is there?
> WC

Landfill???? Are they paper products???

If so, don't you people over there recycle old paper?????

beenthere

"Clogwog" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> WCH wrote:
>> Cleaning house. Have lots of old manuals for programs long gone from
>> companies like Quarterdeck, Delrina, Broderbund, Dynamix and Sierra as
>> well as manuals for products and product versions from companies still
>> around but long since outdated. All Windows or DOS programs. These all
>> go to the landfill unless there's some beneficial alternative. Is
>> there? WC

> Ebay them!
> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...ls&btnG=Search

I always said `great minds think alike` <g>.
nite nite C.
]

Clogwog

beenthere wrote:
> "Clogwog" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> WCH wrote:
>>> Cleaning house. Have lots of old manuals for programs long gone from
>>> companies like Quarterdeck, Delrina, Broderbund, Dynamix and Sierra
>>> as well as manuals for products and product versions from companies
>>> still around but long since outdated. All Windows or DOS programs.
>>> These all go to the landfill unless there's some beneficial
>>> alternative. Is there? WC

>> Ebay them!
>> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...ls&btnG=Search

> I always said `great minds think alike` <g>.
> nite nite C.
> ]

lol !

John Holmes

Clogwog "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

> WCH wrote:
>> Cleaning house. Have lots of old manuals for programs long gone from
>> companies like Quarterdeck, Delrina, Broderbund, Dynamix and Sierra
>> as well as manuals for products and product versions from companies
>> still around but long since outdated. All Windows or DOS programs.
>> These all go to the landfill unless there's some beneficial
>> alternative. Is there? WC

> Ebay them!
> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...2006-40%2CGGLJ
> %3Aen&q=Ebay+software+manuals&btnG=Search

I might have my Commodore 64 Programmers Reference Guide for sale.

--
You insulting mouthful of vile sweaty socks.

beenthere

"John Holmes" <nospam@****ithard.com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Clogwog "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
>
>> WCH wrote:
>>> Cleaning house. Have lots of old manuals for programs long gone from
>>> companies like Quarterdeck, Delrina, Broderbund, Dynamix and Sierra
>>> as well as manuals for products and product versions from companies
>>> still around but long since outdated. All Windows or DOS programs.
>>> These all go to the landfill unless there's some beneficial
>>> alternative. Is there? WC

>> Ebay them!
>> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...2006-40%2CGGLJ
>> %3Aen&q=Ebay+software+manuals&btnG=Search
>>

> I might have my Commodore 64 Programmers Reference Guide for sale.

And what a lovely (but ugly) little machine they were JH.
I went to an Amiga 1200 from mine. Another fine little
machine.

--
bw..OJ.

Clogwog

John Holmes wrote:
> Clogwog "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
>
>> WCH wrote:
>>> Cleaning house. Have lots of old manuals for programs long gone from
>>> companies like Quarterdeck, Delrina, Broderbund, Dynamix and Sierra
>>> as well as manuals for products and product versions from companies
>>> still around but long since outdated. All Windows or DOS programs.
>>> These all go to the landfill unless there's some beneficial
>>> alternative. Is there? WC

>> Ebay them!
>> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...2006-40%2CGGLJ
>> %3Aen&q=Ebay+software+manuals&btnG=Search
>>

> I might have my Commodore 64 Programmers Reference Guide for sale.

Let's go retro!
http://www.letsgoretro.com/games_con...e_c64_DTV.html

beenthere

"Clogwog" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> John Holmes wrote:
>> Clogwog "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

>>> Ebay them!
>>> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...2006-40%2CGGLJ
>>> %3Aen&q=Ebay+software+manuals&btnG=Search
>>>

>> I might have my Commodore 64 Programmers Reference Guide for sale.

> Let's go retro!
> http://www.letsgoretro.com/games_con...e_c64_DTV.html

Hey C. Look at those graphics, for the mid 1980s, I reckon
they were brilliant. No malware in those days eh <g>.

Top

"beenthere" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:QpC4h.9412$(E-Mail Removed):

>"John Holmes" <nospam@****ithard.com> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> Clogwog "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

>>> Ebay them!
>>> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...LJ%2CGGLJ%3A20
>>> 06-40%2CGGLJ %3Aen&q=Ebay+software+manuals&btnG=Search
>>>

>> I might have my Commodore 64 Programmers Reference Guide
>> for sale.
>>

> And what a lovely (but ugly) little machine they were JH.
> I went to an Amiga 1200 from mine. Another fine little
> machine.

Got anything for a TI99 4A?

Ed