Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > anti-spyware and virus protection

anti-spyware and virus protection

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

"Jimi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I am soooooooooooo done with Norton . I would appreciate any info on
>the free stuff....I mean...nothing is "Free" anymore so there must be a
>catch to downloading "free" spyware, malware etc.... any web pages with free
>downloads would be much appreciated....Jimi

Download and install spybot
http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html you use it to scan for
adware.

But it comes with a resident program called TeaTimer, this program
tells you anytime something want's to write itself to the registry -
this is one of the better programs to stop malware from installing
itself, and it only uses 5K of memory in the process.
http://www.safer-networking.org/en/faq/33.html

--
Transit of Mercury
Live from Kitt Peak, Arizona

Jimi

I am soooooooooooo done with Norton . I would appreciate any info on
the free stuff....I mean...nothing is "Free" anymore so there must be a
catch to downloading "free" spyware, malware etc.... any web pages with free
downloads would be much appreciated....Jimi

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

>Download and install spybot
>http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html you use it to scan for

>adware.

I ment Malware

and

I have no clue why my clock was off, I just installed .NET 3.0 on the
dual OS, maybe that.

--
Transit of Mercury
Live from Kitt Peak, Arizona
November 8, 2006 11 a.m. PST
http://www.exploratorium.edu/webcasts/

old man

AVG free AV, no catch
SpyBot & Adaware, free malaware Apps, no catch
MS Windows Defender, free malaware App from MS, currently in beta

news:(E-Mail Removed)...