Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > IE7 Uninstall

IE7 Uninstall

JFL

I would like to uninstall IE& because it sucks, but it does not appear in
'add/remove programs. I updated to IE7 from IE6 which had been working just
fine.

Evan Platt

On Tue, 07 Nov 2006 22:55:05 GMT, "JFL" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I would like to uninstall IE& because it sucks, but it does not appear in
>'add/remove programs. I updated to IE7 from IE6 which had been working just
>fine.

In Add/Remove programs, make sure "Show Updates" is checked.

Brian

"JFL" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>I would like to uninstall IE& because it sucks, but it does not appear in
>'add/remove programs. I updated to IE7 from IE6 which had been working just
>fine.

before you do, backup ALL your data, photos, music, address books, email,
passwords and favourites. When IE7 uninstalls it removes part of Windows XP
in error, so you are left without a start button. All you get is a blank
screen with no icons and to run anything you have to do a CTRL/DEL/ALT, find
the exe file and wait for years.
IE7 is fine, just turn off the phishing filter and it is fast enough.

Old Gringo

Without Any Hesitation, JFL Wrote The Following:
> I would like to uninstall IE& because it sucks, but it does not appear in
> 'add/remove programs. I updated to IE7 from IE6 which had been working just
> fine.

Take your time and give it a chance. IE7 will do everything IE6 will
do and a lot more. My default is Firefox, but this version of IE is
quite nice. Haste makes waste

--
Old Gringo
Just West Of Nowhere

DanR

Brian wrote:
> "JFL" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> I would like to uninstall IE& because it sucks, but it does not
>> appear in 'add/remove programs. I updated to IE7 from IE6 which had
>> been working just fine.
>>

> before you do, backup ALL your data, photos, music, address books,
> email, passwords and favourites. When IE7 uninstalls it removes part
> of Windows XP in error, so you are left without a start button. All
> you get is a blank screen with no icons and to run anything you have
> to do a CTRL/DEL/ALT, find the exe file and wait for years.

Not my experience.

Steve Freides

"JFL" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>I would like to uninstall IE& because it sucks, but it does not appear
>in 'add/remove programs. I updated to IE7 from IE6 which had been
>working just fine.

Once you start the Add/Remove Program Control Panel, you'll see a few
buttons on the left. If you don't see IE 7 on the default screen, click
on the Add/Remove Windows Components button and you'll likely find it
there - Microsoft at it's most arrogant.

-S-

Tester

On Tue, 07 Nov 2006 22:55:05 GMT, "JFL" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I would like to uninstall IE& because it sucks, but it does not appear in
>'add/remove programs. I updated to IE7 from IE6 which had been working just
>fine.

You know you can't really uninstall an IE because it is too closely
integrated with XP and other programs use pieces of IE.

If you want you can now just use Mozilla Firefox 2.0 because it now
works, with IE-omly pages like Windows Update

But to do this, Firefox loads a piece of IE to display the IE-only
page. It's just like an Excel spreadsheet embedded in a Word document
and Word loads a piece of Excel to display the spreadsheet. So the
trick doesn't work if you really uninstall IE.

But it means that you only have to put up with part of IE for a few
pages.

I like IE7 except for the missing image toolbar from IE6. Itn
particular it now has tabbing like its competitors.

doobydoobydo

"Tester" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) g...
> On Tue, 07 Nov 2006 22:55:05 GMT, "JFL" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>I would like to uninstall IE& because it sucks, but it does not appear in
>>'add/remove programs. I updated to IE7 from IE6 which had been working
>>just
>>fine.

I liked the tabbing etc but have just had to uninstall, lucky for me it was
in add remove progs. Was worried I would lose my favourites but didn't. It
really, really slowed things down, and most times wouldn't connect. I had
already tried turning off pshing and tabs. And it kept going to about:blank
instead of my home page, even though followed instructions to make it go to
home page.

Everything back to fine and dandy now, as before update.

Found this:
1.. Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
2.. Click Add or Remove Programs.
3.. Check Show Updates at the top of the dialog box.
4.. Scroll down the list to Windows XP Software Updates, select Internet
Explorer 7 Beta 2Preview, and then click "Change/Remove."
If "Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 Preview" does not exist, run
%windir%\$NtUninstallie7bet2p$\spuninst\spuninst.e xe. Have "view hidden
folders" enabled. %windir% is your Windows installation directory, which is
normally 'C:\Windows' on most systems.

Or go here http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/...t/default.mspx

and scroll down to Q. How do I install/uninstall Internet Explorer 7.

And could be absolutely nothing to do with upgrading to Ie 7 but I suddenly
started getting virus's loads of them and spyware loads and loads. The
latest being downloader.