Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Single click on navigation buttons

Single click on navigation buttons

psitsmagic

For some reason whenever i go to my website i have to click twice (not
double click) the navigation buttons for them to work. This didnt used
to be the case.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

G. Morgan

On 7 Nov 2006 11:07:52 -0800, "psitsmagic" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>For some reason whenever i go to my website i have to click twice (not
>double click) the navigation buttons for them to work. This didnt used
>to be the case.
>Any help would be appreciate

Maybe you could post the web site so someone could look at the code?
--

-Graham
(remove the double e's to email)

Evan Platt

wrote:

>For some reason whenever i go to my website i have to click twice (not
>double click) the navigation buttons for them to work. This didnt used
>to be the case.
>Any help would be appreciated.

You don't think it might help to specify details, like the operating
system, web browser, etc?

psitsmagic

sorry guys,

site www.psitsmagic.co.uk
op system - XP
browser - IE6

thanks

G. Morgan wrote:
> On 7 Nov 2006 11:07:52 -0800, "psitsmagic" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
> >For some reason whenever i go to my website i have to click twice (not
> >double click) the navigation buttons for them to work. This didnt used
> >to be the case.
> >Any help would be appreciate

> Maybe you could post the web site so someone could look at the code?
> --
>
> -Graham
> (remove the double e's to email)

Evan Platt

On 7 Nov 2006 11:45:31 -0800, "psitsmagic" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>sorry guys,
>
>site www.psitsmagic.co.uk
>op system - XP
>browser - IE6
>
>thanks

Works fine in Firefox, have to double click in IE.

Did you create the site, or did someone else?

If you've changed nothing, contact whoever created / maintains the
site.

Looks like each link is a script or shockwave of some sort.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

psitsmagic wrote:
[top-posting fixed]
> G. Morgan wrote:
>> On 7 Nov 2006 11:07:52 -0800, "psitsmagic" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> For some reason whenever i go to my website i have to click twice
>>> (not double click) the navigation buttons for them to work. This
>>> didnt used to be the case. Any help would be appreciate

>> Maybe you could post the web site so someone could look at the code?

> sorry guys,
>
> site www.psitsmagic.co.uk
> op system - XP <-- not relevant
> browser - IE6

All your nav buttons are little Flash movies.

<param name=movie value="psmagic_home.swf">

In any browser where Flash is not available, or disabled because most
Flash is annoying, your site has no navigation at all. It essentially
becomes a one-page site.

Using a Flash-enabled browser (in this case, Firefox with Flash
enabled), I only need to click once. Perhaps you got a Flash or a
Windows Update (known to frequently break stuff), and you have some sort
of option to reset.

But do consider not using Flash for navigation, and instead place
regular links to the other pages. Use a list and CSS to style it. The
'buttons' on this site of mine look quite a bit like yours, but they are
just text.
http://countryrode.com/

--
-bts