Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Mouse acceleration too Slow on LCD vs CRT? Any way to Increase acceleration?

Mouse acceleration too Slow on LCD vs CRT? Any way to Increase acceleration?

lbbss

I have an intellimouse optical 5 buttons mouse. I switched to LCD
monitor at work and now the acceleration setting on the mouse at max is
still too slow. I have to pan twice to get to the other side of the
screen (very annoying). Its a new mouse, even though its a couple
year old model. I don't have an option of buying a newer model at
work, the standard it a 3 button mouse. I don't suppose there is a
way to get more acceleration besides using the mouse utility that came
with it. I tried update to intellipoint 5.0 but the acceleration is
even worst. Those this sound like a waste of time or is there a work
around? thanks.

lee houston

"lbbss" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> I don't suppose there is a
> way to get more acceleration besides using the mouse utility that came
> with it.

probably only solution is to use the sw that came with it.
why not use it?

lee

lbbss

Because even when I set the acceleration at Max with the Intellimouse
software it is not enough. I have to pan twice to get accross the
screen. tx

> probably only solution is to use the sw that came with it.
> why not use it?
>
> lee

chuckieŽ

I will suggest that you remove all the software related to the mouse, if
you're comfortable with it, also delete the registry entries. Then restart,
and reload the software, see if this corrects the problem, which sounds like
a corrupted driver(s) to me. I have an LCD with a Intellimouse and have no
problems whatsoever...luck...

DanR

lbbss wrote:
> I have an intellimouse optical 5 buttons mouse. I switched to LCD
> monitor at work and now the acceleration setting on the mouse at max
> is still too slow. I have to pan twice to get to the other side of
> the screen (very annoying). Its a new mouse, even though its a
> couple year old model. I don't have an option of buying a newer
> model at work, the standard it a 3 button mouse. I don't suppose
> there is a way to get more acceleration besides using the mouse
> utility that came with it. I tried update to intellipoint 5.0 but
> the acceleration is even worst. Those this sound like a waste of
> time or is there a work around? thanks.

Changing monitors should not effect the mouse behavior. Probably the LCD
monitor is of a higher resolution than the old CRT and the mouse cursor has
more pixels to transverse. So it may be an illusion of sorts. You said you
adjusted the acceleration but did you also adjust the 'speed'? I used to
have an MS mouse and recall another setting (checkbox) that had something to
do with mouse resolution. Verbiage like 'fine' or 'course'... don't remember
exactly. Try changing that setting if it exists.