Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Burning an MPG to DVD question.

Burning an MPG to DVD question.

Dr. Freebyrd Von Finkelstein

I have an MPG that i would like to burn to a dvd to watch on my TV. How's
the best method to do this. Its a 695MB file, should i use a regular 700MB
cd or do i have to use a DVD? If i burn it to a cd should i burn it as a
data file? Just curious as to how to do it.

I have NTI CD & DVD Maker 7 software on my computor, will that work? My DVD
player on my TV is just a regular JVC, nothing fancy.

Can it be done?
Doc

GenderBender

"Dr. Freebyrd Von Finkelstein" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
in message news:K0y3h.2712$qG.924@trndny02...
>I have an MPG that i would like to burn to a dvd to watch on my TV. How's
>the best method to do this. Its a 695MB file, should i use a regular 700MB
>cd or do i have to use a DVD? If i burn it to a cd should i burn it as a
>data file? Just curious as to how to do it.
>
> I have NTI CD & DVD Maker 7 software on my computor, will that work? My
> DVD player on my TV is just a regular JVC, nothing fancy.
>
> Can it be done?
> Doc

If you burn a data CD then it will not play on anything,
it will just be a disk with a backed up file.
If you burn as a VCD (video cd) it will only play if your
JVC machine supports that format.
The safe option is to burn as a DVD-Video.

Meat Plow

On Mon, 06 Nov 2006 11:15:23 +0000, GenderBender Has Frothed:

> "Dr. Freebyrd Von Finkelstein" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
> in message news:K0y3h.2712$qG.924@trndny02...
>>I have an MPG that i would like to burn to a dvd to watch on my TV. How's
>>the best method to do this. Its a 695MB file, should i use a regular
>>700MB cd or do i have to use a DVD? If i burn it to a cd should i burn it
>>as a data file? Just curious as to how to do it.
>>
>> I have NTI CD & DVD Maker 7 software on my computor, will that work? My
>> DVD player on my TV is just a regular JVC, nothing fancy.
>>
>> Can it be done?
>> Doc
>>

> If you burn a data CD then it will not play on anything, it will just be a
> disk with a backed up file. If you burn as a VCD (video cd) it will only
> play if your JVC machine supports that format.
> The safe option is to burn as a DVD-Video.

The OP's software has to create the dvd structure and burn that to a dvd
in order for a stand alone player to play it back.

COOSN-266-06-25794