Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Intel Celeron processors

Intel Celeron processors

Old Gringo

The good, The bad, and The ugly. Tell me about them, or where I can
find some reviews on them. Be back to thank you.
--
Old Gringo
Just West Of Nowhere

Old Gringo

Without Any Hesitation, Old Gringo Wrote The Following:
> The good, The bad, and The ugly. Tell me about them, or where I can
> find some reviews on them. Be back to thank you.

After reading this: http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=1217
I guess Celeron is good enough for an old fart.
The one I am interested in is the
Intel Celeron D 351 3.2Gh. 256k Cache Em64T.XD 533MHz FSB
Any impute appreciated.
Be back to thank you.

--
Old Gringo
Just West Of Nowhere
Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
http://www.Nuboy-Industries.Com

Old Gringo

Without Any Hesitation, Old Gringo Wrote The Following:
> The good, The bad, and The ugly. Tell me about them, or where I can
> find some reviews on them. Be back to thank you.

The case is closed.
http://www.sharkyextreme.com/hardwar...261_3582616__9
I am sure it will get me anywhere I need or want to go.

--
Old Gringo
Just West Of Nowhere
Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
http://www.Nuboy-Industries.Com

Norm

"Old Gringo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:NZ93h.4328$(E-Mail Removed) t...
> The good, The bad, and The ugly. Tell me about them, or where I can find
> some reviews on them. Be back to thank you.
> --

Would you like a help file on using Google?

PeeCee

"Old Gringo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:NZ93h.4328$(E-Mail Removed) t...
> The good, The bad, and The ugly. Tell me about them, or where I can find
> some reviews on them. Be back to thank you.
> --
> Old Gringo
> Just West Of Nowhere
> Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
> http://www.Nuboy-Industries.Com

The Good: mmm cheapish compared to Pentiums
The Bad: the're slow.
The Ugly: No sooner get one and you want to upgrade.

Paul

Old Gringo

Without Any Hesitation, Norm Wrote The Following:
> "Old Gringo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:NZ93h.4328$(E-Mail Removed) t...
>> The good, The bad, and The ugly. Tell me about them, or where I can find
>> some reviews on them. Be back to thank you.
>> --

> Would you like a help file on using Google?

You're to late, I found it. <g>

--

Without Any Hesitation, PeeCee Wrote The Following:
> "Old Gringo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:NZ93h.4328$(E-Mail Removed) t...
>> The good, The bad, and The ugly. Tell me about them, or where I can find
>> some reviews on them. Be back to thank you.
>> --
>> Old Gringo
>> Just West Of Nowhere
>> Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
>> http://www.Nuboy-Industries.Com

> The Good: mmm cheapish compared to Pentiums
> The Bad: the're slow.
> The Ugly: No sooner get one and you want to upgrade.
>
> Paul

Thank You, but the records I found say something different.

--
Old Gringo
Just West Of Nowhere
Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
http://www.Nuboy-Industries.Com

Old Gringo

Without Any Hesitation, Norm Wrote The Following:
> "Old Gringo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:NZ93h.4328$(E-Mail Removed) t...
>> The good, The bad, and The ugly. Tell me about them, or where I can find
>> some reviews on them. Be back to thank you.
>> --

> Would you like a help file on using Google?

PS: Thanks Norm

--
Old Gringo
Just West Of Nowhere
Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
http://www.Nuboy-Industries.Com

Donald

"Old Gringo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:NZ93h.4328$(E-Mail Removed) t...
> The good, The bad, and The ugly. Tell me about them, or where I can find
> some reviews on them. Be back to thank you.
> --
> Old Gringo
> Just West Of Nowhere
> Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
> http://www.Nuboy-Industries.Com

http://www.intel.com/products/processor/coreduo/

nobody >

Old Gringo wrote:
> The good, The bad, and The ugly. Tell me about them, or where I can
> find some reviews on them. Be back to thank you.

Don't know off-hand of any links :{

Depending on which era of Celeron, they have been downright poor to great.

The early ones had absolutely no cache memory whatsoever which made them
about 60% as effective as a 'full' Pentium (II at the time) for the same
clock speed for any CPU intensive application like hardcore games.

Intel added cache memory later and the Celeron became a bigger
contender. The infamous "300A Celeron" was a cheap alternative to a 400
PII as the 'A' would often overclock to 500 mhz, at about half the price.

Celerons usually have about half the cache of a 'full' Pentium III or IV

Nowadays a Celeron is a fair contender for most computing tasks. It's
not going to be as fast at video transcoding or them same hardcore
games, but for almost every home use otherwise, most people wouldn't see
the difference.