Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Packard Bell c 330 RAM

Packard Bell c 330 RAM

caroline

My son has a Packard Bell Easynote C 3300 which is running slow.
The reason I think is he has so much saved on it such as pictures and music.
How do I check the RAM and if the machine will take more RAM

Evan Platt

On Sat, 04 Nov 2006 23:39:56 GMT, "caroline" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>My son has a Packard Bell Easynote C 3300 which is running slow.

What operating system? How old is the computer?

>The reason I think is he has so much saved on it such as pictures and music.

Adding files will not slow the computer down.

>How do I check the RAM and if the machine will take more RAM

http://www.crucial.com/

Norm

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sat, 04 Nov 2006 23:39:56 GMT, "caroline" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>>My son has a Packard Bell Easynote C 3300 which is running slow.

> What operating system? How old is the computer?

That isn't required at the moment.

>>The reason I think is he has so much saved on it such as pictures and
>>music.

> Adding files will not slow the computer down.

It will if it has low memory and a huge swapfile. It will use HD space, so
the more files, the less space and the slower it becomes, especially thanks
to fragmentation.
So she is correct.

David Matthew Wood

In article <gx93h.5854$(E-Mail Removed)>,
"caroline" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> My son has a Packard Bell Easynote C 3300 which is running slow.
> The reason I think is he has so much saved on it such as pictures and music.
> How do I check the RAM and if the machine will take more RAM

Haven't we just been through all this? Did you read the replies you got
the last time you asked this question?

Either way, you are confusing hard drive space with RAM. I asked this
before and never really did get an answer.. how much free space is left
on his hard drive?

Evan Platt

On Sun, 05 Nov 2006 03:35:06 GMT, David Matthew Wood
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Haven't we just been through all this? Did you read the replies you got
>the last time you asked this question?

I knew I was having Vuja De.

Evan Platt

On Sun, 5 Nov 2006 01:55:22 -0000, "Norm" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> What operating system? How old is the computer?
>>

>That isn't required at the moment.

No. You're right.

A slow running computer could in no way be caused by the machine being
a 200 mhz Pentium with Windows 98.

David Matthew Wood

In article <454d4498$(E-Mail Removed)>,
"Norm" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> "Evan Platt" <evan@*******************************> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > On Sat, 04 Nov 2006 23:39:56 GMT, "caroline" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> > wrote:
> >
> >>My son has a Packard Bell Easynote C 3300 which is running slow.

> > What operating system? How old is the computer?
> >

> That isn't required at the moment.
>
> >>The reason I think is he has so much saved on it such as pictures and
> >>music.

> > Adding files will not slow the computer down.
> >

> It will if it has low memory and a huge swapfile. It will use HD space, so
> the more files, the less space and the slower it becomes, especially thanks
> to fragmentation.
> So she is correct.

But you have to be specific though. Just the act of keeping a lot of
big files on a hard drive is not going to slow things down, and that is
what the OP keeps asking... I think..... although I'm really not sure,
because it seems that the OP is also now confusing hard drive space with
RAM.

David Matthew Wood

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Evan Platt <evan@*******************************> wrote:

> On Sun, 05 Nov 2006 03:35:06 GMT, David Matthew Wood
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >Haven't we just been through all this? Did you read the replies you got
> >the last time you asked this question?

> I knew I was having Vuja De.

lol I had to look at that (as well as the date a few times) until I
finally noticed that the question was a "tad" different this time.

caroline

"David Matthew Wood" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> Evan Platt <evan@*******************************> wrote:
>
> > On Sun, 05 Nov 2006 03:35:06 GMT, David Matthew Wood
> > <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >
> > >Haven't we just been through all this? Did you read the replies you

got
> > >the last time you asked this question?

> > I knew I was having Vuja De.

> lol I had to look at that (as well as the date a few times) until I
> finally noticed that the question was a "tad" different this time.

My sons has a Pack Bell Laptop c 3300 which runs win xp and runs slow.
I have looked and he has tons of I Tunes plus he has video clips from
football wrestling tons of stuff.
In my wisdom I assume the reason the machine runs slow is because of the
amount of junk he has on it.

I think that his lap will run on 768 ofRAM which is treble what he has, if
this is the case then I would want to add the additional RAM

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=

caroline wrote:
> "David Matthew Wood" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
>> Evan Platt <evan@*******************************> wrote:

> got
>>> I knew I was having Vuja De.

>> lol I had to look at that (as well as the date a few times) until I
>> finally noticed that the question was a "tad" different this time.

> My sons has a Pack Bell Laptop c 3300 which runs win xp and runs slow.
> I have looked and he has tons of I Tunes plus he has video clips from
> football wrestling tons of stuff.
> In my wisdom I assume the reason the machine runs slow is because of the
> amount of junk he has on it.
>
> I think that his lap will run on 768 ofRAM which is treble what he has, if
> this is the case then I would want to add the additional RAM

If he is saving his files to the desktop then tell him to start using a
download folder on one of his HDDs and stop using the desktop for storage.