Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > Need Book Recommendations for 70-216

Need Book Recommendations for 70-216

SWE

Anybody recommend a good book for 70-216? I struggled through the MS Press
book a few months ago but didn't feel well prepared even with lab
experience. Any other book recommendations? I'd like something that really
tests my skills after each major topic, not just a cheesy end of chapter
review.

Also, I'm following this exam with 70-221, but some people have suggested I
take it first, or studying for both at the same time. Does anybody advise
either of these things and why?

Looking forward to your responses and any other related feedback.

Ali

Hi SWE,
I read New Riders... pretty good material.

good luck,
Ali
MCSA, CCNA

"SWE" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bqipq4$23img8$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> Anybody recommend a good book for 70-216? I struggled through the MS Press
> book a few months ago but didn't feel well prepared even with lab
> experience. Any other book recommendations? I'd like something that really
> tests my skills after each major topic, not just a cheesy end of chapter
> review.
>
> Also, I'm following this exam with 70-221, but some people have suggested

> take it first, or studying for both at the same time. Does anybody advise
> either of these things and why?
>
> Looking forward to your responses and any other related feedback.

Jeff Rush

The MS book was CRAP in my opinon. Sybex did pretty good on this one.

Jeff.

"SWE" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bqipq4$23img8$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> Anybody recommend a good book for 70-216? I struggled through the MS Press
> book a few months ago but didn't feel well prepared even with lab
> experience. Any other book recommendations? I'd like something that really
> tests my skills after each major topic, not just a cheesy end of chapter
> review.
>
> Also, I'm following this exam with 70-221, but some people have suggested

> take it first, or studying for both at the same time. Does anybody advise
> either of these things and why?
>
> Looking forward to your responses and any other related feedback.

BSoD

yeah I agree. At first I read the MS book on 216, but
didn't really feel confident to take the exam. I then read
the Sybex book and that was a great help. I passed the
exam last friday, so I guess the book is ok.