Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Suddenly cant open links in emails and newsgroups

Suddenly cant open links in emails and newsgroups

Becky

Hello all,
For some reason I have become unable to open links to sites that are in
emails or newsgroups. Until recently I was able to open them. Now when I
click on them nothing happens. I would appreciate any ideas on how to
correct this. thanks in advance.

Becky

MaryL

"Becky" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed). ..
> Hello all,
> For some reason I have become unable to open links to sites that are in
> emails or newsgroups. Until recently I was able to open them. Now when I
> click on them nothing happens. I would appreciate any ideas on how to
> correct this. thanks in advance.
>
> Becky

Have you recently added a popup blocker? Try holding down the CTRL key
while you click on a link that won't open, and see if that helps.

MaryL

Bucky Breeder

"Becky" <(E-Mail Removed)> loquaciously articulated in
news(E-Mail Removed):

> Hello all,
> For some reason I have become unable to open links
> to sites that are in emails or newsgroups. Until recently
> I was able to open them. Now when I click on them nothing
> happens. I would appreciate any ideas
> on how to correct this. thanks in advance.
>
> Becky > >

Everything which follows is contingent upon virus and malware scans
being run, being good, and all other operations being normal and
stable:

Using OE6? Tools > Options > Security tab:

You *should* have Restricted sites selected, and the other 2 boxes
under Virus Protection.

There's a box to select [de-select] Downloaded Images
[...and other external content in HTML e-mail]

On Tools > Options > Connection tab:

The "Change..." button takes to IE Properties > Security tab > select
[Restricted] sites > the "Custom level..." button shows the settings
which are available.

A lot depends on your default brower make & model (Programs Tab)
and/or your Content Advisor (Content tab).

Within those 2 dialogs likely lies your answer, along with trying to
recall what you changed, or what you installed/uninstalled. You can
safely reset your settings to defaults. If you do change settings,
exit and then relaunch the application [IE or OE].

--

!!! WARNING !!! Beware of these creatures which have been
introduced into our population by the alien invasion's preliminary

http://tinyurl.com/ynd4y6

Use great caution when encountering and evading these creatures.
Freud is *not* our friend in these matters. !!! END WARNING !!!

Becky

"MaryL" <(E-Mail Removed)-OUT-THE-LITTER> wrote in message
news:eOH2h.8997$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Becky" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news(E-Mail Removed). ..
>> Hello all,
>> For some reason I have become unable to open links to sites that are in
>> emails or newsgroups. Until recently I was able to open them. Now when I
>> click on them nothing happens. I would appreciate any ideas on how to
>> correct this. thanks in advance.
>>
>> Becky
>>

> Have you recently added a popup blocker? Try holding down the CTRL key
> while you click on a link that won't open, and see if that helps.
>
> MaryL

I dont remember adding any popup blockers recently.Hoding down the CTRL key
did allow me to open the links. Thanks so much!
Becky