Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > redirect batchfile to screen and file ??

redirect batchfile to screen and file ??

Burnsie

Does anyone know how to redirect the output from a
batchfile to a text file AND to screen at the same time?

eg if i use

test.bat > C:\log.txt

all the output goes to the file.

I want to be able to see what is happening on screen as
well as logging it to a file.

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Frisbee=AE_MCNGP?=

Burnsie wrote:
> Does anyone know how to redirect the output from a
> batchfile to a text file AND to screen at the same time?
>
> eg if i use
>
> test.bat > C:\log.txt
>
> all the output goes to the file.
>
> I want to be able to see what is happening on screen as
> well as logging it to a file.

There was a program out there somewhere that did exactly that. It was many
years ago, so I don't even recall the name. You may want to Google for
"T-PIPE" or something to that effect.

--
Fris "Y-PIPE" beeŽ MCNGP #13

http://www.mcngp.tk