Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > IE7/OE and Hotmail

IE7/OE and Hotmail

John

I have several Hotmail accounts that I have used for years and this gives me
"valued status" which means I can access them through Outlook Express for no
charge. I have done this for years, through IE5 and IE6, even just a few
days ago I downloaded IE7 onto the laptop and all was OK. Now the problem is
I downloaded IE7 today onto my desktop PC and now I can not access any of my
Hotmail accounts through OE. I have sat with the laptop and desktop side by
side and can not see any different settings! I tried setting one of my
accounts I only use on the PC on the laptop and it works fine there but not
on the desktop. Can anyone suggest what might have happened as in the
meantime I have restored the PC back to IE6 and all Hotmail accounts are now
working through OE. Very strange!

Evan Platt

On Mon, 30 Oct 2006 23:34:51 -0000, "John" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I have several Hotmail accounts that I have used for years and this gives me
>"valued status" which means I can access them through Outlook Express for no
>charge. I have done this for years, through IE5 and IE6, even just a few
>days ago I downloaded IE7 onto the laptop and all was OK. Now the problem is
>I downloaded IE7 today onto my desktop PC and now I can not access any of my
>Hotmail accounts through OE. I have sat with the laptop and desktop side by
>side and can not see any different settings! I tried setting one of my
>accounts I only use on the PC on the laptop and it works fine there but not
>on the desktop. Can anyone suggest what might have happened as in the
>meantime I have restored the PC back to IE6 and all Hotmail accounts are now
>working through OE. Very strange!

Telling us what error you get would be a good start.

John

error code 0x800ccc32

news:(E-Mail Removed)...