Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > CDs unreadable without admin rights

CDs unreadable without admin rights

Mike245

I have a computer that will not read CDs unless an admin user is logged
in. I've removed the 3rd party burner software and reinstalled the
cd/dvd driver but this doesnt seem to help.

From what I understand there might be some issue with ASAPI and rights
but I'm just using the standard Microsoft stuff here. When a CD is
inserted it says CD Disc 0 Bytes/0 Bytes. Any ideas?

Mike245

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

Mike245 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I have a computer that will not read CDs unless an admin user is logged
>in. I've removed the 3rd party burner software and reinstalled the
>cd/dvd driver but this doesnt seem to help.
>
> From what I understand there might be some issue with ASAPI and rights
>but I'm just using the standard Microsoft stuff here. When a CD is
>inserted it says CD Disc 0 Bytes/0 Bytes. Any ideas?

Might try ForceASPI http://www.radified.com/ASPI/forceaspi.htm
and read this
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314855/

--