Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > Should I start off with the MCSE?

Should I start off with the MCSE?

Nocturnal

I am fairly knowledeable with computers. I haven't dived
into networking as of yet. I have been
upgrading/repairing computers for myself and family
members for the past three years or so. I just bought an
A+ book to study for the A+ exam. I was wondering if I
should return it and put the credit towards an MCSE set
of books? What does everyone think?

Brian

"Nocturnal" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
> I just bought an
> A+ book to study for the A+ exam. I was wondering if I
> should return it and put the credit towards an MCSE set
> of books? What does everyone think?

Depends on what you want to do. Look at the qualifications for the jobs you
are interested in.

Maybe you should start with MCSA, I think the A+ exam counts as an elective
there.

Brian

Yoshi

I don't want to be too negative, but don't bother.

On Sun, 30 Nov 2003 22:29:27 -0800, "Nocturnal"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I am fairly knowledeable with computers. I haven't dived
>into networking as of yet. I have been
>upgrading/repairing computers for myself and family
>members for the past three years or so. I just bought an
>A+ book to study for the A+ exam. I was wondering if I
>should return it and put the credit towards an MCSE set
>of books? What does everyone think?

CompUser

There is no "official" A+ course-ware or exam "COMPTIA" is one of the
industry wide distributors of the actual exam and A+ certification standard.
A+ certification is not recognized as any vendor specific Cert. however my
opinion is its worth while to Dot your I's and cross your T's if your going
for "up" the ladder certification, in other words I found it worthwhile to
know what all the bits and bytes are doing.

"CompUser"

"Nocturnal" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:051601c3b7d4$7801f5d0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I am fairly knowledeable with computers. I haven't dived
> into networking as of yet. I have been
> upgrading/repairing computers for myself and family
> members for the past three years or so. I just bought an
> A+ book to study for the A+ exam. I was wondering if I
> should return it and put the credit towards an MCSE set
> of books? What does everyone think?

Jeff Rush

Get your feet wet with the A+ and A++ maybe even the network+ before MCS*

It would be a nice primer in to certs and they are good to have to show you
have the basics.

IMHO

Jeff

"Nocturnal" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:051601c3b7d4$7801f5d0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I am fairly knowledeable with computers. I haven't dived
> into networking as of yet. I have been
> upgrading/repairing computers for myself and family
> members for the past three years or so. I just bought an
> A+ book to study for the A+ exam. I was wondering if I
> should return it and put the credit towards an MCSE set
> of books? What does everyone think?

Brat

What is A++?

"Jeff Rush" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Get your feet wet with the A+ and A++ maybe even the network+ before MCS*
>
> It would be a nice primer in to certs and they are good to have to show

you
> have the basics.
>
> IMHO
>
> Jeff
>
> "Nocturnal" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:051601c3b7d4$7801f5d0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I am fairly knowledeable with computers. I haven't dived
> > into networking as of yet. I have been
> > upgrading/repairing computers for myself and family
> > members for the past three years or so. I just bought an
> > A+ book to study for the A+ exam. I was wondering if I
> > should return it and put the credit towards an MCSE set
> > of books? What does everyone think?

Rich

A+ is a good place to start your certification track.
It'll be nice to put on a resume, anyway.

Have you any real-world job experience in computers?