Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > HELP! C drive shows no change in size after deleting files, and even got smaller after disk cleanup

HELP! C drive shows no change in size after deleting files, and even got smaller after disk cleanup

Good

I have a gateway notebook with win XP home edition. Two days ago, I did
a disk cleanup. It showed 11GB was cleaned or removed, but in the end I
find my C drive become about 10 GB smaller. I deleted many files, and
the C drive shows no change in size.

I did scandisk and found no error. Appreciate some real help!

Ken Blake, MVP

Good wrote:

> I have a gateway notebook with win XP home edition. Two days ago, I
> did a disk cleanup. It showed 11GB was cleaned or removed, but in the
> end I find my C drive become about 10 GB smaller.

What does that mean? Do you mean the amount of free space was 10GB less than
it had been.

What were the 11GB that was cleaned or removed?

> I deleted many
> files, and the C drive shows no change in size.

Deleting files puts them in the recycle bin, and no disk space is saved
until you empty the recycle bin. Did you do that?

Please reply to the newsgroup

Gerry Cornell

You do not really need to post such a simple question to so many
newsgroups!
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

--

Hope this helps.

Gerry
~~~~
FCA
Stourport, England

Enquire, plan and execute
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Good" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>I have a gateway notebook with win XP home edition. Two days ago, I did
> a disk cleanup. It showed 11GB was cleaned or removed, but in the end I
> find my C drive become about 10 GB smaller. I deleted many files, and
> the C drive shows no change in size.
>
> I did scandisk and found no error. Appreciate some real help!

Good

of course, I deleted all files from Recyle Bin. The C drive still shows
no change. I also mentioned diskclean. It cleand/removed permanently 11
GB, but on contrary, C drive had 10 GB less after diskcleaning. I also
deleted 20 GB other files, but no change in C drive size.

now I think this was probably due to a Rollback software I installed a
month ago. I tried to uninstall it. It caused more problem. operating
system not found.

Shall I use the XP operating CD now to reinstall the operating system?
Will it cause files be lost?

Ken Blake, MVP wrote:
> Good wrote:
>
> > I have a gateway notebook with win XP home edition. Two days ago, I
> > did a disk cleanup. It showed 11GB was cleaned or removed, but in the
> > end I find my C drive become about 10 GB smaller.

> What does that mean? Do you mean the amount of free space was 10GB less than
> it had been.
>
> What were the 11GB that was cleaned or removed?
>

> > I deleted many
> > files, and the C drive shows no change in size.

> Deleting files puts them in the recycle bin, and no disk space is saved
> until you empty the recycle bin. Did you do that?

> Please reply to the newsgroup

TruDatNigga

I've got an idea.....why don't you post the same thing 3 "more" times.

"Good" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>I have a gateway notebook with win XP home edition. Two days ago, I did
> a disk cleanup. It showed 11GB was cleaned or removed, but in the end I
> find my C drive become about 10 GB smaller. I deleted many files, and
> the C drive shows no change in size.
>
> I did scandisk and found no error. Appreciate some real help!

Larry Crites

Especially, not that many times!

Larry
Behold Beware Believe

"Gerry Cornell" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%23MroKYh%(E-Mail Removed)...
> You do not really need to post such a simple question to so many
> newsgroups!
> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>
> --
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Gerry
> ~~~~
> FCA
> Stourport, England
>
> Enquire, plan and execute
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>

> "Good" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>>I have a gateway notebook with win XP home edition. Two days ago, I did
>> a disk cleanup. It showed 11GB was cleaned or removed, but in the end I
>> find my C drive become about 10 GB smaller. I deleted many files, and
>> the C drive shows no change in size.
>>
>> I did scandisk and found no error. Appreciate some real help!

RJK

LOL !

regards, Richard

news:454398d6$0$12070$(E-Mail Removed).. .